Shop HP’s Memorial Day Sale:Save up to 61% on PCs and more!
10-18-2015 09:29 PM
30 12
tools
    With at&t now supporting both these features do you think they will ever enable this for the Nexus 6? We know the phone is capable of both.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-09-2015 10:55 PM
    That would be amazing if they did.
    10-09-2015 11:35 PM
    That would be nice. Only iPhone 6 series and newer are supported for wifi calling and text as of now on ATT. I enabled it on my iPhone 6+ and it worked very well. I put my phone in airplane mode and then connected to WiFi and was able to make and receive calls and texts. Pretty nice feature. My wife has had it on T-Mobile for years but has never set it up.

Posted via my Nexus 6 with Marshmallow!
    10-10-2015 09:15 AM
    The 5s had WiFi calling for tmobile. Only the 6 and newer support both WiFi calling and volte

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    10-10-2015 09:39 AM
    Tmobile allows it. I am sure once att allows WiFi calling it will be capable. Volte is awesome for call quality however I find WiFi calling more useful especially when I am in the basement doing laundry I can still make calls or answer calls.

10-10-2015 12:12 PM
    Tmobile allows it. I am sure once att allows WiFi calling it will be capable. Volte is awesome for call quality however I find WiFi calling more useful especially when I am in the basement doing laundry I can still make calls or answer calls.

ATT just turned it on WiFi calling and texting but only iPhone 6 and newer can use it. Not sure why? HD voice has been on in selected markets for a while and several phones work with it. Also know as Volte on other networks.

Posted via my S6 with Samsung Pay!
    10-10-2015 02:37 PM
    I believe the android devices for tmobile might have either hardware or software built into the phone to enable WiFi calling. Apple iPhone 6 and newer had the hardware built in and software enable WiFi calling and votle

10-10-2015 11:48 PM
    Well I hope they add/certify this phone for WiFi calling and volte.

10-11-2015 06:19 PM
    There's a good chance that they will indeed. Marshmallow supports WiFi Calling at the OS level now, so it should be a pretty easy toggle, assuming that AT&T uses the same type of technology that T-Mobile does, and not the modified version Sprint uses. It's possible they will enable it at the OS level, not just specifically for the N6, due to this native support for it. Which means that any 6.0 device with the proper hardware can enable their WiFi Calling.

10-12-2015 10:16 AM
    With at&t now supporting both these features do you think they will ever enable this for the Nexus 6? We know the phone is capable of both.

Yes they will. But they just recently started it so they are starting with their biggest seller first.

10-12-2015 07:15 PM
    I spoke with support twice. Chat and phone. Both times they seem puzzled that I don't have it. They fiddle with my account and try to reprovision my phone. I was even told by one tech that I had an old sim which I got replaced. Nothing.

10-13-2015 12:14 PM

What build are you running?
    10-13-2015 01:28 PM
    what build are you running?
    5.1.1 lmy48w
    koam likes this.
    10-13-2015 01:31 PM
    5.1.1 lmy48w
    OK.... I am not sure if that build will even support WFC. You might need one of the 5.1.1 Tmo builds. But, to be honest, your best bet, if you go that route, is to just flash the 6.0 factory image. WFC is baked into core Android in 6.0.

Under Wireless & Networks -> More... is Wi-Fi Calling listed under NFC? If not... no joy on that build.
    10-13-2015 02:22 PM
    OK.... I am not sure if that build will even support WFC. You might need one of the 5.1.1 Tmo builds. But, to be honest, your best bet, if you go that route, is to just flash the 6.0 factory image. WFC is baked into core Android in 6.0.

Under Wireless & Networks -> More... is Wi-Fi Calling listed under NFC? If not... no joy on that build.
    Oh got ya. It was my understanding that as of 5.1 there was support for VoLTE. Wasn't sure about the WiFi calling though. I just hope they allow VoLTE for this phone. It will help greatly help with my voice coverage. I get way better coverage with LTE vs HSPA+ in my area. Of course the WiFi calling would only be a bonus.
    10-13-2015 02:52 PM
    Oh got ya. It was my understanding that as of 5.1 there was support for VoLTE. Wasn't sure about the WiFi calling though. I just hope they allow VoLTE for this phone. It will help greatly help with my voice coverage. I get way better coverage with LTE vs HSPA+ in my area. Of course the WiFi calling would only be a bonus.
    Well... only the Project Fi and T-Mobile builds got WiFi Calling on 5.1. Which makes sense since those two networks (being both T-Mobile) even supported WiFi Calling. Google just decided to say "WiFi Calling ALL THE THINGZ" in 6.0. So everyone got the code for WFC and VoLTE regardless of whether or not they actually support it.
    10-13-2015 03:05 PM
    Well... only the Project Fi and T-Mobile builds got WiFi Calling on 5.1. Which makes sense since those two networks (being both T-Mobile) even supported WiFi Calling. Google just decided to say "WiFi Calling ALL THE THINGZ" in 6.0. So everyone got the code for WFC and VoLTE regardless of whether or not they actually support it.
    I went ahead and flashed 6.0. No option for VoLTE or WFC.
    10-13-2015 04:26 PM
    Can you put a screenshot of what you see in "Wireless & Network - '... More" window?
    10-14-2015 07:27 AM
    Can you put a screenshot of what you see in "Wireless & Network - '... More" window?
    That all you need?

Attached Thumbnails at&t Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE-1631.jpg   at&t Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE-1632.jpg   at&t Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE-1633.jpg  
    10-14-2015 08:47 AM
    Maybe an AT&T specific ROM is necessary? I flashed a ROM to my Nexus 6 that wasn't T-Mobile specific and don't have the WFC option either.

Maybe it has something to do with that?
    10-14-2015 09:03 AM
    AHh..... .it must be SIM related. I flashed the same build you all flashed, and I got the WFC and VoLTE options on mine.

The only conclusion there is that to avoid the confusion of seeing options that are not supported, Google just masked them based on your carrier settings. At the time 6.0 was finalized, AT&T had yet to get the FCC approval to roll out WiFi Calling, so you don't see it. Not sure what's up with VoLTE... I'm not on AT&T.

If I was a betting man, I'd say that you'll see the option pop once the first update to 6.0 gets dropped. Well, that is if AT&T gives the Nexus 6 the thumbs up.
    10-14-2015 09:19 AM
    AHh..... .it must be SIM related. I flashed the same build you all flashed, and I got the WFC and VoLTE options on mine.

The only conclusion there is that to avoid the confusion of seeing options that are not supported, Google just masked them based on your carrier settings. At the time 6.0 was finalized, AT&T had yet to get the FCC approval to roll out WiFi Calling, so you don't see it. Not sure what's up with VoLTE... I'm not on AT&T.

If I was a betting man, I'd say that you'll see the option pop once the first update to 6.0 gets dropped. Well, that is if AT&T gives the Nexus 6 the thumbs up.
    I'm willing to bet on your bet also.
    10-14-2015 09:45 AM
    For 10 glorious minutes I had VoLTE with my nexus on at&t.

I popped my sim out of the phone and put it in my old HTC M8 because i knew it supported VoLTE and HD voice. I made a call to verify that it was enabled in my area and of course it was. So I popped the sim back in my Nexus and to my surprise it was using VoLTE. I made two calls and it worked! Then boom...it was gone. I called at&t and they my account re-provisioned for the at&t M8 then when it detected my Nexus it re-provisioned again. I asked if they could force the feature and there response was that the system wouldn't allow it. I was told because it was an Unlocked Nexus, it wasn't going to be recognized by there system. If a phone isn't recognized it would only provision for LTE and nothing else.
    10-18-2015 04:27 PM
    . If a phone isn't recognized it would only provision for LTE and nothing else.
    SMH... So because you don't have an AT&T tramp stamp and a SIM lock on it, you can't get VoLTE? That sucks. I mean, it's the same phone.
    10-18-2015 07:57 PM
    SMH... So because you don't have an AT&T tramp stamp and a SIM lock on it, you can't get VoLTE? That sucks. I mean, it's the same phone.
    Yeah, but I don't even think they allow the ones they sell to use it either. I'm going to go play with a demo unit at the store to verify this.

10-18-2015 08:02 PM
30 12