Does Motorola's warranty cover poor battery life from heavy use?

Landowns

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I've used my Nexus 6 heavily since I got it in December thru AT&T (lots of media, games, etc.) and now the battery life is extremely poor. Motorola's warranty conditions state:
"This Warranty Does Not Apply to: Consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings designed to diminish over time unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship. Only batteries whose fully charged capacity falls below 80% of their rated capacity and batteries that leak are covered by this limited warranty."
I'd say it's only about 50% of what it was when I got it. Does that mean the device is "below 80% of rated capacity?" Is there any way I can get a replacement device, and if so, how would I go about proving the poor battery life?

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
The battery stats would prove helpful. But it's upto Motorola to decide if it falls under warranty conditions or not.

Give it a try and give them the stats as well.

Posted via Nexus 6 or Nexus 7

Landowns

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Screenshot_2015-10-10-22-47-50.jpg

This is some stats from the stock battery app, I have BetterBatteryStats installed but I'm not rooted so idk how helpful that would be.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 200865

This is some stats from the stock battery app, I have BetterBatteryStats installed but I'm not rooted so idk how helpful that would be.

Well you play a lot of hearthstone, but besides that my battery stats are the same especially with the screen, speaking of what's your screen on time.

Posted from my Nexus 6/Nexus 7 2013/Surface Pro 3

5point0

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I am not a heavy user, but the battery performance dropped massively on n6 after 6 months of use. I phoned Motorola and they agreed to look at it under warranty. The device was sent back and they did replace the battery, much better performance now.
In my opinion Motorola dealt with the problem quickly and effectively.

Posted via the Android Central App

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
My n6 was bought at Verizon. Replaced mine with no problems when battery life. Started to suffer.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox