Battery Life - seems short

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I see others post about their battery life and it seems like they can go much longer on a charge.

Nexus 6 Unlocked, about a month old. Android 5.1.1. LMY48W. Carrier is AT&T. I mostly use WiFi data. I keep the cellular data turned off a lot.

I've been on battery for about 1 1/2 hours and it's down from 100% to 80%. No calls. My screen is set to the dimmest setting. I've mostly been using it to read Android Central app, read some news (no video or audio streaming) and to take and upload 2 screenshots, below.

I have never measured the actual time of the battery life myself, but the Battery information in Settings shows the following.

Screenshot_2015-10-15-07-20-17.jpgScreenshot_2015-10-15-07-44-02.jpg

So this thing is telling me I'm getting about 5 1/2 hours of SOT use. The estimates go up, of course, if I turn the screen off.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
5.5 hours of screen on time doesn't seem short. Do you believe that that's not true because your usage is only in the single digits?

Posted from my Nexus 6/Nexus 7 2013/Surface Pro 3

Mojofilter9

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
5 1/2 hours of screen on time is loads!
Stand by time was poor on Lollipop in my own experience. Marshmallow made it excellent, so that's the single biggest thing by a long shot that you can do to improve your battery life.

Battery banks are cheap and pocket friendly these days so IMO you shouldn't have to hobble your experience of an extremely nice phone by dimming the screen, switching off mobile data etc... Just to save battery.

schizrade

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I just put my phone back on a charger for the first time since friday mid day... and still had 36% left. Granted I dont obsess over the thing, but I have not been able to get that kinda battery life out of a phone since 2008 when I got my first smartphone.

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I was reacting to posts from people with M on N6 who were reporting that the phone says they have 13 DAYS of battery left.

In comparison, I'm on 5.1.1 LMY48W and I had just turned it on from 100% and used it for 90 mins....(browsing and reading news mostly, not a lot of streaming and no calls). So it wasn't a fair comparison, but 5 more hours after I just woke up vs, 13 days was jarring.

Thinking about flashing that M because I'm never gonna get it and it makes sense to have a clean OS install after a jump in versions like this. Never did it before. I'm chicken.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I was reacting to posts from people with M on N6 who were reporting that the phone says they have 13 DAYS of battery left.

Either they are lying, or they are putting it in airplane mode for an extended amount of time. :)

Yeah... if you don't have 6.0 loaded yet, load it. Not only do you get the benefit of Doze and App Standby, Google came in under the radar and made some low-level improvements that reduced how much power the Nexus 6 uses when its active, too. It's like someone replaced my battery with something that was a good third bigger.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish