Problem Using Nexus 6 and MM OTA.

vargaslc

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having trouble updating the Nexus 6? Everytime I try to sideload it says no device found. I do adb devices it shows but when I reboot in adb fastboot no more devices so can't use adb sideload. I am using windows 7.

garypip

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
After pressing sideload from adb, pull the plug and plug in again. Then go to device manager on PC and update the android driver. There should be a yellow triangle next to android.

Posted via the Android Central App

SEAJeff

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
After pressing sideload from adb, pull the plug and plug in again. Then go to device manager on PC and update the android driver. There should be a yellow triangle next to android.

I was wrestling with "adb devices" not seeing my phone after I selected "apply update from ADB", too. Thanks for the suggestion to update the driver, garypip.

To help the next person, you'll want to right click on the Nexus 6 with a yellow triangle, choose "Update Driver Software" > "Browse my computer for driver software" > "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer", then, if it is listed as a Model, choose "Android ADB Interface" or pick "Have Disk" and navigate to your Google USB Drivers folder and pick the "Android ADB Interface".