05-21-2016 07:50 AM
247 1234 ...
tools
    Russell is saying only the one plus 2 charger has indicated rapid charging on the phone but that QC2 devices are doing OK.

Posted via the Android Central App
    It was an Anker QC 2.0 charger with a One Plus 2 USB type A to USB type C cable fyi. Not the One Plus actual charger (at least according to his post). It promoted the "charging rapidly" notification but was still only charging at 2A so I wonder if still slower than the supplied 6p charger.

Posted via the Android Central App and my Galaxy S6
    10-19-2015 10:16 PM
    It appears if the new NEXUS 5X and 6P conform to the USB Power Delivery specifications. USB.org - USB Power Delivery
    When purchasing a NEW charger from a third party, I am going to specifically look for one that show's compliance to the USB Power Delivery Spec. Reading the specs, its not just pin configuration, but compliance with a whole host of items. While Qualcomm was first to the market with their proprietary Quickcharge spec, USB Power Delivery will be more than just phones. Over the next few years you will see many devices including Laptops, Monitors, speakers, and just about anything portable transition to the USB Power Delivery Spec.

Here are some details

The USB Power Delivery Specification enables the maximum functionality of USB by providing more flexible power delivery along with data over a single cable. Its aim is to operate with and build on the existing USB ecosystem.

USB Power Delivery offers the following features:

Increased power levels from existing USB standards up to 100W.
    Power direction is no longer fixed. This enables the product with the power (Host or Peripheral) to provide the power.
    Optimize power management across multiple peripherals by allowing each device to take only the power it requires, and to get more power when required for a given application.
    Intelligent and flexible system level management of power via optional hub communication with the PC.
    Allows low power cases such as headsets to negotiate for only the power they require.
    K_O likes this.
    10-20-2015 04:02 PM
    I already have an inverter I bought off Amazon a while back, so I just ordered an extra USB-C wall charger from the Google store and will plug it into my inverter for in-car charging. Not exactly the most compact solution, but it does give full USB-C rapid charge in the car.
    10-20-2015 05:59 PM
    so I've ordered a n6p & case on google site.

One thing I couldn't find was the car charger that supports fast charging.
    I saw someone on here posted an amazon type C charger, but one of the feedbacks on amazon says it is not compatible with 6p's fast charge...
    Amazon.com: USB Type-C Car Charger

anyone found anything yet?
    10-22-2015 12:27 AM
    I get the same car charger, seems high quality, It can make my Nexus 5X to show "charging rapidly" while others can't.
    Attachment 202515

Also wonder if someone can test this on Nexus 6P?
    Thanks for this info! do you know how much faster is "charging rapidly" compared to just charging normally?
    10-22-2015 02:06 AM
    Thanks for this info! do you know how much faster is "charging rapidly" compared to just charging normally?
    Droid Life did some tests on the Transmog Car charger with a 5X and it appears this charges about as quickly as the power adapter that comes with the 5X. I'll be interested to hear how it does with the 6P.
    10-22-2015 04:40 AM
    did they not test it with the 6p they have?
    10-22-2015 08:51 AM
    For Updates 2 and 3, they only used the 5x to keep things standard. The Tronsmart stays fairly close to the regular when the battery is fairly completed; however, it drops significantly as the battery becomes more charged. You can see this when comparing the Tronsmart to the charger that comes with the phone.
    10-22-2015 09:48 AM
    From what I have read on another site, with the proper adapter cable, the Tronsmart 2.0 car chargers register as "Rapidly Charging". But that site says it is hit or miss at best.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-22-2015 10:48 AM
    Quick Charge 2.0 can register as Charging Rapidly on both the 5x and 6p when the devices are fairly low on battery (~ below 40%). The Tronsmart charger will do fine at lower levels, but still will not be as fast as a true 5V/3A car charger since it is only rated at 5V/2.4A.
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    10-23-2015 09:43 AM
    without actually having the thing to test, what it is actually kind of looking like is that anything that is charging at 2A or more just says rapidly charging. It doesn't look like there's any kind of magic voodoo happening here. unlike QC where there's a variable recharge rate, the 3A chargers that use the USB power delivery spec seem to charge the phones faster because...there's a 3A current instead of 2A.
    10-23-2015 10:07 AM
    without actually having the thing to test, what it is actually kind of looking like is that anything that is charging at 2A or more just says rapidly charging. It doesn't look like there's any kind of magic voodoo happening here. unlike QC where there's a variable recharge rate, the 3A chargers that use the USB power delivery spec seem to charge the phones faster because...there's a 3A current instead of 2A.
    True in that we don't have them to test. That said I believe the spec requires 2 way communication (charger to phone, phone to charger thus the USB C cable) so while 3A vs. 2A is probably part of it I suspect that there is some logic built in to the charger to provide more amperage when the battery is low and ramp it down when the battery gets closer to full.
    10-23-2015 10:10 AM
    Thread stuck.
    nickacs and K_O like this.
    10-23-2015 11:11 AM
    10-23-2015 10:52 PM
    Ordered the Anker QC2 for the car..
    Except that the 6P doesn't support QC2, rendering this charger pointless...
    10-26-2015 10:58 AM
    Except the 6P doesn't support QC2, rendering this charger useless...
    well, the charger isn't useless. it'll still charge at 2A, just won't get the USB power delivery fast charging.
    10-26-2015 10:59 AM
    well, the charger isn't useless. it'll still charge at 2A, just won't get the USB power delivery fast charging.
    If 2A is all you want there are tons of cheaper chargers that'll easily do that and offer more ports, etc. QC2 capability is a total waste here.
    10-26-2015 11:01 AM
    Hey guys, I just got my Tronsmart charger. I should have my phone on Wednesday for speed testing, but I was just looking at it with the Verus case, and it doesn't look like the charger will fit through the gap on this particular case. The port on the charger is pretty big, so I'm kind of anticipating problems with any case. Just thought I'd make note of that here.
    10-26-2015 08:47 PM
    I get the same car charger, seems high quality, It can make my Nexus 5X to show "charging rapidly" while others can't.
    Attachment 202515
    Does it show "Charging rapidly" from 0-100% or up to certain percentage ?
    10-27-2015 07:44 AM
    It's showing "Charging Rapidly" and showing 97% battery at the top so whether or not this is really the full rapid charge we'd see from a 3A charger or not, it clearly is rapid charging near the top of capacity.
    d2008 likes this.
    10-27-2015 07:59 AM
    Hey, could you kindly send the product link of Tronsmart charger to me. My Nexus 6P is on the way and want to buy a car charger for my new phone. Thanks in advance!
    No problem. It's this one: USB Type-C Car Charger
    10-27-2015 08:35 AM
    Attachment 202515

Can you show us how many mA's Ampere (downloadable at Google Play) rates the charge speed at?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mbosdev.ampere
    TommyZ23 likes this.
    10-27-2015 09:32 AM
    Attachment 202515

Can you show us how many mA's Ampere (downloadable from Google Play) rates the charge speed at?
    10-27-2015 09:34 AM
    My Nexus 6P is coming Friday, so I've been looking at chargers for both the car and my desk at work. Here's where I'm at:

PECHAM USB-C to USB-A 3.0 Nylon Braided 3.3Ft[1M] USB Data Cable

Etekcity® Combo of 15W/3.1A High-Output Portable Wall Charger and Car Vehicle Charger Dual USB Ports

I think they both meet the 5V/3A spec for fast charging. I know the chargers are only 3.1A total for both ports, but 99% is just me charging, so that's not a big deal. I also like the idea of having a USB-A charger, cause I still have a lot of devices that aren't USB-C yet, so this will still work with them.

I probably could have gone with a cheaper cable, but I like the idea of having a 'tougher' cable in the vehicle, especially cause my SUV has the cigarette lighter in the console, and the top of the console closes down on it (it has a notch for cables coming out, but cables move )

Anyone have any thoughts? Also, I've never heard of the Etekcity brand - anyone know anything about them?
    10-27-2015 05:13 PM
    My Nexus 6P is coming Friday, so I've been looking at chargers for both the car and my desk at work. Here's where I'm at:

PECHAM USB-C to USB-A 3.0 Nylon Braided 3.3Ft[1M] USB Data Cable

Etekcity® Combo of 15W/3.1A High-Output Portable Wall Charger and Car Vehicle Charger Dual USB Ports

I think they both meet the 5V/3A spec for fast charging. I know the chargers are only 3.1A total for both ports, but 99% is just me charging, so that's not a big deal. I also like the idea of having a USB-A charger, cause I still have a lot of devices that aren't USB-C yet, so this will still work with them.

I probably could have gone with a cheaper cable, but I like the idea of having a 'tougher' cable in the vehicle, especially cause my SUV has the cigarette lighter in the console, and the top of the console closes down on it (it has a notch for cables coming out, but cables move )

Anyone have any thoughts? Also, I've never heard of the Etekcity brand - anyone know anything about them?
    Nope. You gotta read between the lines.
    2.1A + 1A.

What this is saying is max 2.1A on one port, with the ability to simultaneously provide 1A on the other port. Just because you are using 1 port doesn't mean you get 2.1A+1A for a total of 3.1A.

Go ahead, ask the seller. Does this charger provide 3.1A on a single port. I HIGHLY doubt it.
    10-27-2015 05:25 PM
247 1234 ...