Its a refurb I bought from ebay. I checked the manufacture date, its Mar 2015. The phone looks and feels great, I am perfectly happy with the size etc. Issues I have -

1. it has burn in, clearly visible in with a grey background - the entire navbar rectangle is a different shade, all 3 buttons are visible. Since I've just turned the phone on, it has to be permanent burn in, right?

2. Shutter speed in camera isn't any better than my G2 which is much older
    3. Screen clearly has different colors/tint and doesn't get bright.

So 2,3 might be normal in N6 from what I understand, but due to #1 should I consider the phone defective? I'm actually very sad since I paid a good price for it, all the deals are now gone and I just signed up for Fi hoping to use it. I can't notice the burn in in normal use but am afraid it'll just get worse. Should I return it?
    10-19-2015 11:13 PM
    Return it. Get a new one in amazon 30days return policy.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-19-2015 11:18 PM
    Return it. Get a new one in amazon 30days return policy.
    I might do that, but new one is almost $100 more than what I paid.
    10-19-2015 11:23 PM
    I would return it, if you're like me that screen burn in will just bug you and isn't worth saving 100 dollars over
    10-19-2015 11:27 PM
    Try the AMOLED Burn in fixer, set your screen on full brightness with a 30 minute time out. If the burn in still exists and bugs you after doing this 2-3 times, you should return it. Consider rooting and disabling the navigation bar and using pie control/lmt launcher instead.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    10-20-2015 06:58 AM
    Its a refurb I bought from ebay. I checked the manufacture date, its Mar 2015. The phone looks and feels great, I am perfectly happy with the size etc. Issues I have -

1. it has burn in, clearly visible in with a grey background - the entire navbar rectangle is a different shade, all 3 buttons are visible. Since I've just turned the phone on, it has to be permanent burn in, right?

2. Shutter speed in camera isn't any better than my G2 which is much older
    3. Screen clearly has different colors/tint and doesn't get bright.

So 2,3 might be normal in N6 from what I understand, but due to #1 should I consider the phone defective? I'm actually very sad since I paid a good price for it, all the deals are now gone and I just signed up for Fi hoping to use it. I can't notice the burn in in normal use but am afraid it'll just get worse. Should I return it?
    Beware refurbished units. Their history is unknown. Was it a phone that got sold and returned quickly? Or was it a well-used warranty replacement that was processed by Assurion... or... *shudder* a returned display unit from a big box or carrier store....

All screens burn in, given the right conditions. IPS or AMOLED... I can go into a place like Best Buy today and see burnt up screens all over the place, whether they be LG's, Samsungs, Apples.... you name it. But those are EXTREMELY conditions... full brightness, often on 24 hours a day, etc.

I've had my Nexus 6 for a good 11 months. If I put on the right screen (like a blank chrome screen) and set the brightness just right, I can see the wisp of my nav bar buttons... but only if I've been using the phone for a bit... it is basically 90% image retention (which is temp) and a wee bit of pixel fatigue... but I can only see it if I put on a blank white screen and turn the phone to landscape... then stare closely at the screen until I see the image ghosting.

I am not concerned.

In your case, I'd return it for another unit. You might have gotten one with a TON of miles on it.
    GeordieAffy likes this.
    10-20-2015 10:22 AM
    Should I return it?
    I would, otherwise you'll always have to deal with that nagging voice in the back of your head.
    GeordieAffy likes this.
    10-20-2015 12:58 PM