AT&T, How I Hate Thee

Stevieboi

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
This is a frigging joke. How much longer are the AT&T variants going to have to wait to get Android 6.0? And I don't want to hear about sideloading or flashing it, because I is po' folk without access to a home computer. I don't think it's too much to ask for, what is the holdup? Has anyone else here on AT&T gotten their OTA update yet?

Posted via the Android Central App

metalgirl3

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
No OTA yet for me, on AT&T. I'm with you Stevieboi. This is taking FOREVER!!

You would think as much as we pay for their service they could do a better job of rolling it out in a timely manner.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I gave up on Nexus which supposed to get updates from Google, I gave up on Samsung which is slower than molasses to put out updates, I went ahead and bought an iPhone 6S plus, 128GB in RGD and I've had two updates already, from 9.0 to 9.02 to iOS 9.1 today. Both Motorola Nexus 6 and Samsung SM-N910A went back in its respective boxes

Attachments

• IMGP3187.jpg
    IMGP3187.jpg
    562.9 KB · Views: 191

jdsbmw

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Smart move. I'm giving the IDIOTS at Google until Friday to push the effin update to my battery draining Nexus 6. Otherwise, Saturday morning I can be found at the Apple Store where I will be purchasing an iPhone 6S Plus 128GB. The final countdown begins. Some unlucky fool on eBay will be the owner of my 32GB Nexus 6 (purchased 9/8/15 for $349) very soon.

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Smart move. I'm giving the IDIOTS at Google until Friday to push the effin update to my battery draining Nexus 6. Otherwise, Saturday morning I can be found at the Apple Store where I will be purchasing an iPhone 6S Plus 128GB. The final countdown begins. Some unlucky fool on eBay will be the owner of my 32GB Nexus 6 (purchased 9/8/15 for $349) very soon.

If you're going to be on AT&T, I suggest get it from AT&T and get the A1634 which is the sim free variant. The price are the same.
iPhone 6S Plus 128GB RGD, N66mAP

zman_11

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I would love to sideload, but since the security update that changed my build to LMY48W, there is no update available for that build. :(

etad putta

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
My $300 nexus 6 from ebay came in the mail at 12:30. I left for work 2 and a half hours later with Marshmallow loaded up. I haven't put a sim card in it yet. Really nice device. Oh, by the way, good luck strolling into the apple store and just walking out with a 6s plus. They are still pretty rare. Took about 3 weeks to find 2 128's for family members.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
For everyone on AT&T, as I am also. Don't be in to big a hurry to get the 6.0 update. I did by using Wugfresh and reverted my N6 all the way back to factory stock 5.0.1 then without a Sim card in started the OTA update process as a stock Google Store nexus it did 5 updates total, 5.1.0, then 5.1.1, then a couple of small updates then the last was 6.0 But since having 6.0 my phone, the phone part, you know the main purpose of this thing, s**ks, I'm missing calls, sometimes the phone never rings, missing voice mails here and there, missing text messages, I'll look at the screen sometimes and there is absolutely no signal, 0 bars. I used my work phone to call my nexus while looking at it, nothing no ring no screen lighting up, and when it does ring it rings on the 3rd incoming ring, in other words, you have one maybe 2 rings to catch a call. I'm sorry I ever updated this phone. And yes I checked all my APN settings are correct.

Last edited:

cozzy123

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
For everyone on AT&T, as I am also. Don't be in to big a hurry to get the 6.0 update. I did by using Wugfresh and reverted my N6 all the way back to factory stock 5.0.1 then without a Sim card in started the OTA update process as a stock Google Store nexus it did 5 updates total, 5.1.0, then 5.1.1, then a couple of small updates then the last was 6.0 But since having 6.0 my phone, the phone part, you know the main purpose of this thing, s**ks, I'm missing calls, sometimes the phone never rings, missing voice mails here and there, missing text messages, I'll look at the screen sometimes and there is absolutely no signal, 0 bars. I used my work phone to call my nexus while looking at it, nothing no ring no screen lighting up, and when it does ring it rings on the 3rd incoming ring, in other words, you have one maybe 2 rings to catch a call. I'm sorry I ever updated this phone. And yes I checked all my APN settings are correct.

That's why people need to wait for the carrier builds for the device.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
Here you go. I asked google. https://developers.google.com/androi...s/images?hl=en
Yeah, Google searches are tough.

Here's another tough search result for the OTA update: [REF] Nexus 6 Stock OTA URLs | Nexus 6 | XDA Forums

Yeah. Neither link's gonna do him much good since he wants to sideload to MRA58K from LMY48W. As the XDA page sez: "MRA58K from LMY48W - No link yet!"

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yep, that's why I'm going to revert the phone back to stock factory image and put it away till AT&T gets around to releasing their update