12-16-2015 06:55 PM
104 123 ...
tools
    This is a frigging joke. How much longer are the AT&T variants going to have to wait to get Android 6.0? And I don't want to hear about sideloading or flashing it, because I is po' folk without access to a home computer. I don't think it's too much to ask for, what is the holdup? Has anyone else here on AT&T gotten their OTA update yet?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Craig Stannard likes this.
    10-21-2015 02:00 PM
    It could be worse by being on Verizon.......
    10-21-2015 02:28 PM
    I've got AT&T, and no update!

10-21-2015 03:55 PM
    It could be worse by being on Verizon.......
    LOL no. The Verizon OTA has been in the wild for quite some time.
    TheStratMan likes this.
    10-21-2015 04:16 PM
    No OTA yet for me, on AT&T. I'm with you Stevieboi. This is taking FOREVER!!

You would think as much as we pay for their service they could do a better job of rolling it out in a timely manner.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    10-21-2015 05:31 PM
    If it doesn't have an apple logo on it AT&T doesn't care about it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Sweet Pikake likes this.
    10-21-2015 05:52 PM
    I gave up on Nexus which supposed to get updates from Google, I gave up on Samsung which is slower than molasses to put out updates, I went ahead and bought an iPhone 6S plus, 128GB in RGD and I've had two updates already, from 9.0 to 9.02 to iOS 9.1 today. Both Motorola Nexus 6 and Samsung SM-N910A went back in its respective boxes
    Attached Thumbnails AT&T, How I Hate Thee-imgp3187.jpg  
    tonyr6 likes this.
    10-21-2015 07:12 PM
    Smart move. I'm giving the IDIOTS at Google until Friday to push the effin update to my battery draining Nexus 6. Otherwise, Saturday morning I can be found at the Apple Store where I will be purchasing an iPhone 6S Plus 128GB. The final countdown begins. Some unlucky fool on eBay will be the owner of my 32GB Nexus 6 (purchased 9/8/15 for $349) very soon.
    10-21-2015 07:20 PM
    Smart move. I'm giving the IDIOTS at Google until Friday to push the effin update to my battery draining Nexus 6. Otherwise, Saturday morning I can be found at the Apple Store where I will be purchasing an iPhone 6S Plus 128GB. The final countdown begins. Some unlucky fool on eBay will be the owner of my 32GB Nexus 6 (purchased 9/8/15 for $349) very soon.
    If you're going to be on AT&T, I suggest get it from AT&T and get the A1634 which is the sim free variant. The price are the same.
    iPhone 6S Plus 128GB RGD, N66mAP
    10-21-2015 08:10 PM
    I would love to sideload, but since the security update that changed my build to LMY48W, there is no update available for that build.
    Craig Stannard and tonyr6 like this.
    10-22-2015 12:27 AM
    My $300 nexus 6 from ebay came in the mail at 12:30. I left for work 2 and a half hours later with Marshmallow loaded up. I haven't put a sim card in it yet. Really nice device. Oh, by the way, good luck strolling into the apple store and just walking out with a 6s plus. They are still pretty rare. Took about 3 weeks to find 2 128's for family members.
    10-22-2015 12:35 AM
    Or they could stop complaining and sideload the update
    I would have side loaded the damn thing if you can show me where to download the update from LMY48W, otherwise it be a smart move on your end to just
    10-22-2015 08:35 AM
    I'm on Verizon. AT&T is for the clueless.
    10-22-2015 08:59 AM
    I wouldn't buy a stick of gum from AT&T.
    10-22-2015 09:03 AM
    For everyone on AT&T, as I am also. Don't be in to big a hurry to get the 6.0 update. I did by using Wugfresh and reverted my N6 all the way back to factory stock 5.0.1 then without a Sim card in started the OTA update process as a stock Google Store nexus it did 5 updates total, 5.1.0, then 5.1.1, then a couple of small updates then the last was 6.0 But since having 6.0 my phone, the phone part, you know the main purpose of this thing, s**ks, I'm missing calls, sometimes the phone never rings, missing voice mails here and there, missing text messages, I'll look at the screen sometimes and there is absolutely no signal, 0 bars. I used my work phone to call my nexus while looking at it, nothing no ring no screen lighting up, and when it does ring it rings on the 3rd incoming ring, in other words, you have one maybe 2 rings to catch a call. I'm sorry I ever updated this phone. And yes I checked all my APN settings are correct.

rickms80 and Adam Ziarnik like this.
    10-22-2015 10:34 AM
    I would have side loaded the damn thing if you can show me where to download the update from LMY48W, otherwise it be a smart move on your end to just
    Here you go. I asked google. https://developers.google.com/androi...s/images?hl=en
    Ed Briggs likes this.
    10-22-2015 10:36 AM
    Yeah, Google searches are tough.

Here's another tough search result for the OTA update: [REF] Nexus 6 Stock OTA URLs | Nexus 6 | XDA Forums
    10-22-2015 12:00 PM
    For everyone on AT&T, as I am also. Don't be in to big a hurry to get the 6.0 update. I did by using Wugfresh and reverted my N6 all the way back to factory stock 5.0.1 then without a Sim card in started the OTA update process as a stock Google Store nexus it did 5 updates total, 5.1.0, then 5.1.1, then a couple of small updates then the last was 6.0 But since having 6.0 my phone, the phone part, you know the main purpose of this thing, s**ks, I'm missing calls, sometimes the phone never rings, missing voice mails here and there, missing text messages, I'll look at the screen sometimes and there is absolutely no signal, 0 bars. I used my work phone to call my nexus while looking at it, nothing no ring no screen lighting up, and when it does ring it rings on the 3rd incoming ring, in other words, you have one maybe 2 rings to catch a call. I'm sorry I ever updated this phone. And yes I checked all my APN settings are correct.

That's why people need to wait for the carrier builds for the device.

iFortWorth likes this.
    10-22-2015 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    Here you go. I asked google. https://developers.google.com/androi...s/images?hl=en
    Yeah, Google searches are tough.

Here's another tough search result for the OTA update: [REF] Nexus 6 Stock OTA URLs | Nexus 6 | XDA Forums
    Yeah. Neither link's gonna do him much good since he wants to sideload to MRA58K from LMY48W. As the XDA page sez: "MRA58K from LMY48W - No link yet!"
    Adam Ziarnik, rickms80 and Kamin like this.
    10-22-2015 12:24 PM
    Yep, that's why I'm going to revert the phone back to stock factory image and put it away till AT&T gets around to releasing their update

10-22-2015 12:52 PM
    Yeah. Neither link's gonna do him much good since he wants to sideload to MRA58K from LMY48W. As the XDA page sez: "MRA58K from LMY48W - No link yet!"
    YOU ARE CORRECT, these people don't seem to be able to read that there is no, none, NADA update that will bring my Motorola bought, AT&T activated Nexus 6 from LMY48W to MRA58K. They keep giving the link to the Nexus Images for download, we know where that is and most of us know how to sideload but we have nothing to sideloaded with. I don't really need this Nexus 6 to begin with, I have two other devices that I can use.
    10-22-2015 01:19 PM
    Yep, that's why I'm going to revert the phone back to stock factory image and put it away till AT&T gets around to releasing their update

Your N6 isn't usable until then? I'm still on 5.1.1 until the custom rom people work out all of the bugs. I'm still happy as can be with Lollipop. It still does what I need it to, and 6.0 isn't going to change the way I use my phone, nor will it change my life.

By all means, use whatever phone your heart desires. I just find the attitudes of some people disturbing. People are giving new meaning to "1st world problems". If one freaks out over the fact that they haven't gotten the latest update yet, then perhaps there's an unhealthy dependence on cell phone tech or other personal issues to be dealt with.
    10-22-2015 05:37 PM
    Your N6 isn't usable until then? I'm still on 5.1.1 until the custom rom people work out all of the bugs. I'm still happy as can be with Lollipop. It still does what I need it to, and 6.0 isn't going to change the way I use my phone, nor will it change my life.

By all means, use whatever phone your heart desires. I just find the attitudes of some people disturbing. People are giving new meaning to "1st world problems". If one freaks out over the fact that they haven't gotten the latest update yet, then perhaps there's an unhealthy dependence on cell phone tech or other personal issues to be dealt with.
    No I don't really care, just was a real pain to spend all that time just to realize that there has to be some differences in what the AT&T 6.0 build is going to be and the Stock 6.0 that's out there now, I have 2 phones so I'm just putting my N6 back to stock and when the AT&T correct build is out I'll just take that OTA update. The only thing I was a little annoyed about was all my previous Google play store Nexus phones were not carrier dependent using AT&T. Everything works but there's definitely something different in the cell/ radio software. Signal strength was just fine on 5.1.1 so something is definitely different on AT&T. Same SIM card gets very strong cell and LTE signal strength in 2 other phones. Not impatient just passing along information to try to save anyone else the trouble of going through loading the available 6.0 and finding out that the phone signal is garbage. Not freaking out at all.

Sweet Pikake likes this.
    10-22-2015 06:59 PM
    And I don't want to hear about sideloading or flashing it, because I is po' folk without access to a home computer.
    Then your only other option is to WAIT for the OTA, no matter how long it takes.
    10-23-2015 07:12 AM
    I too would wait for 6.0 but I had major issues with 5.1.1 with poor battery life, call quality and Wifi so when I did not get the update after 2 weeks I had to sideload it which was a pain as nothing worked not even Nexus Root Toolkit except for the instructions on this site on the Nexus 6 with my rant post here but much easier on the Nexus 7 (2013) with Nexus Root Toolkit.
    10-23-2015 12:18 PM
104 123 ...