OTA sideload question

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and might sideload 6.0 if I don't get it OTA soon. I installed the 15 second ADB installer on my Windows 10 computer, now I need to make sure I have the right OTA .zip file. I'm going by a list from this web site : Cult of Android - Google releases Marshmallow OTA updates for manual flashing

I have LMY48T, so does that mean I only need: Nexus 6 (Part 2a) – [MRA58K from LMY48T, 702MB]? I assume this means if you have LMY48T you'll end up with MRA58K after the sideload.

This may seem like a stupid question, but I'm a new to this type of thing (not to Android) and would like to do it right. Also, I'm following these instructions: Cult of Android - How to flash the Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA on your Nexus

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
No update yet

I have an unlocked N6 and currently on VZW and still have not received the Marshmallow OTA...anyone else in the same boat?

Posted via the Android Central App

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: No update yet

You have Nexus and you guys are waiting on updates?? Not being a [language removed by mod], but why buy a Nexus and wait? I am honestly curious.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunter Petit

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site

You have Nexus and you guys are waiting on updates?? Not being a [language removed by mod], but why buy a Nexus and wait? I am honestly curious.

Well, I bought a Nexus to have fast updates and to have a pure Android experience. I'm not interested in flashing etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Same here. To enjoy the quicker updates rather than waiting for carriers to do their thing. No reason I need to flash an OTA or factory image. This rollout is painfully slow...

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

AT&T , no update either, have no PC, have a Chromebook, can't flash and really have no idea how to , yes if I had a PC I could try but I've a Nexus and it's not unreasonable to expect a quicker update .....

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Google Play store Nexus 6 on AT&T with build number LMY48W, there is no 6.0 file to flash for this build. Doesn't matter it was purchased from Google, still have to wait on AT&T. First Nexus phone I've ever owned that I've had to wait on AT&T. Wasn't like this with my Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4 or 5 either.

metalgirl3

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

On AT&T, no 6 yet. I don't understand why its taking so long.

This is my first Nexus. I love the phone but was hoping I would get quicker updates.

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site

Nexus 6 will never receive ota updates. Google messed up by selling through carriers and screwed us all.

Galaxy nexus was verizon exclusive and never got an ota update and neither will we. Accept your fate and learn to live with the disappointment.

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

Nexus 6 will never receive ota updates. Google messed up by selling through carriers and screwed us all.

Galaxy nexus was verizon exclusive and never got an ota update and neither will we. Accept your fate and learn to live with the disappointment.

That seems a little dramatic. I think we will get our updates in time. More time than any of us prefer.

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

Well, I bought a Nexus to have fast updates and to have a pure Android experience. I'm not interested in flashing etc.

Thanks!! Now I get it. My assumption was that most nexus owners all root/rom.
Your reasoning makes sense.
Hope you get your update soon!

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

Although possible, highly doubtful that they will never get the Ota. Some nexus devices have gotten the Ota without flashing.

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Weird.....I got OTA updates on my Verizon branded Galaxy Nexus. I've also gotten plenty of OTA updates on my Verizon purchased N6 (no, not 6.0...I sideloaded that weeks ago). Maybe I'm just a wizard?

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Running LYZ28M on T-Mobile, no update yet... Waiting to see how much MM enhances the experience before I make a decision about the N6p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463