11-11-2015 12:10 PM
73 123
tools
    [REF] Nexus 6 Stock OTA URLs | Nexus 6 | XDA Forums

just a heads up:

Rather than unlock the phone a sideload of OTA updates [2 specifically]
    will allow you to update to Marshmallow if desired.
    I found this resource after I had already unlocked my new N6 from Blinq. .....Figures...
    great phone.
    Good Luck
    11-03-2015 12:43 PM
    When I buy a phone called new I return it if human hands have touched it let alone modded it.
    11-03-2015 01:40 PM
    Which ebay seller did you buy from? I ordered from blinq a few days ago on ebay for 289 hoping I don't have the same bootloader issue.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Blinq

11-03-2015 01:42 PM
    Wow, that is quite a compliment.
    I have to agree with him on stock marshmallow. I left behind an iPhone 6 Plus

etad putta likes this.
    11-03-2015 03:15 PM
    ....my new N6 from Blinq...
    Some misinformation here;
    As stated, it was new.
    Old stock but new. I take it was old stock because of the 5.0 Android on it.
    Repeat: it was new.
    For those on the fence:
    For the price it's a great phone.
    11-03-2015 04:07 PM
    Some misinformation here;
    As stated, it was new.
    Old stock but new. I take it was old stock because of the 5.0 Android on it.
    Repeat: it was new.
    For those on the fence:
    For the price it's a great phone.
    But had the modification warning?
    11-03-2015 04:27 PM
    But had the modification warning?
    No, not for me.
    11-03-2015 06:04 PM
    I would say it probably is. The people I know with Nexus 6 devices really do not have any complaints. I just snagged a 6P and it is amazing. I think I may have just caused myself to become a Nexus junky ^_^.
    ElronTheElder and LeoRex like this.
    11-04-2015 04:15 PM
    N6 was a very good device at launch for its price, albeit a good bit more expensive than Nexus fans had come to expect.

A year later, it's still a very good phone, but from a hardware spec it - like any of its contemporaries - has started to fall behind a bit. Some people will rant about it having only a mediocre camera, but at launch it was competitive with other flagships, only trailing a little in performance. In today's terms, it's still very good, but not great - but note that the difference from the N6 to whatever one wants to deem the 'best' phone camera today isn't as substantial as the difference between that 'best' phone and an inexpensive dedicated camera.

With the pricing where it's at now, the 6 is a beast of a value - better than anything else available in its price range, providing you are wanting a 'phablet-esque' screen. It's the first time I've had a Nexus where the new model has arrived and I'm not feeling any real conflict about what it would be like to not upgrade for another year.
    ElronTheElder and etad putta like this.
    11-05-2015 09:28 AM
    N6 was a very good device at launch for its price, albeit a good bit more expensive than Nexus fans had come to expect.

..... It's the first time I've had a Nexus where the new model has arrived and I'm not feeling any real conflict about what it would be like to not upgrade for another year.
    Yes. boredom, shiny newness will force an upgrade sooner than actually needed.
    For now quite content with my Nexus 6.
    While I don't question 6P's relative performance + improved camera.
    For my usage those advantages, at best, are moot.
    11-05-2015 08:06 PM
    Yes. boredom, shiny newness will force an upgrade sooner than actually needed.
    For now quite content with my Nexus 6.
    While I don't question 6P's relative performance + improved camera.
    For my usage those advantages, at best, are moot.
    I'm very happy with my N6 as well, except for the lack of a fingerprint scanner. I didn't think much of it until I tried it on a friend's 6P. If I envy him for anything, it is the fingerprint scanner. I use Smart Lock to minimize the need to manually unlock the phone. The fingerprint scanner would make all those efforts unnecessary.
    11-05-2015 08:55 PM
    I think I may in interested in going with a Nexus 6 sometime soon...

So how much do you guys feel is a good price for a used Nexus 6 in good condition? $295 maybe? or is that too much for used?

The prices seem to be all over the place on eBay
    11-05-2015 09:37 PM

So how much do you guys feel is a good price for a used Nexus 6 in good condition? $295 maybe? or is that too much for used?

I'd consider spending a bit more and get a new one from Amazon. The 32GB version is $349.99.
    11-05-2015 10:07 PM
    Hold out and you should be able to get one new for $300 on eBay.
    11-05-2015 10:42 PM
    I got a brand new one on swappa for $320. Keep your eyes peeled -- there's always deals right now.

11-05-2015 11:57 PM

Would not buy used.
    Of course if the price is dirt cheap......
    Expect to pay under $300 for a new Nexus 6 right now.
    Prices will fall over time, of course.
    I paid ~$700 about a year ago for the first one.
    $290 for the second.
    Guess cellphones have a half-life of 9 months.
    11-06-2015 08:38 AM
    Warranteed by whom - the seller?
    It's a pure Google phone so if I need warranty, I'll contact Google first(The Google support paper with Support Google.com/nexus is in the box)...but in the box it has the Motorola warranty also. https://support.google.com/store/tro...d=1#ts=3070585

It was a brand new XT1103 in a sealed factory box. Bought off of Mobilepros1 still selling the project fi version for $349. I don't see a warranty on that listed tho.

All things considered, especially the current price, is the Nexus 6 still a good buy?-img_20151106_193158-2_resized_by_avg_image_shrinker.jpg All things considered, especially the current price, is the Nexus 6 still a good buy?-img_20151106_193214-2_resized_by_avg_image_shrinker.jpg
    11-06-2015 07:41 PM

You can get a new 32 GB N6 from expansys for $310.
    11-06-2015 08:11 PM
    I currently have a Blackberry Z30 as my daily driver, along with a Nexus 7 2013 that gets pretty heavy use. I'm thinking of either waiting to buy a Priv, or selling my Nexus 7 to try and get a Nexus 6 sooner. (There's no way I'm selling the Z30, it's a pre production one made in Canada...on my birthday, no less. I found it on Kijiji.) What do you guys think? Wait for a Priv, or get a Nexus 6 sooner?
    11-09-2015 05:10 PM
    T-Mobile just announced unlimited video streaming. Can you possibly think of a better phone to stream video on than the Nexus 6???
    LeoRex likes this.
    11-10-2015 03:44 PM
    I just bought a 64gb unlocked nexus 6 for 275. I felt like I couldn't pass that up
    11-11-2015 01:07 AM
    I just bought a 64gb unlocked nexus 6 for 275. I felt like I couldn't pass that up
    I certainly wouldn't pass up on a deal like that.
    11-11-2015 01:16 AM
    Yeah... those deals... ug...

I have a Nexus 6 that I got shortly after launch. And me, like most everyone else who bought one back in the day, are kind of left out in the cold. If you can pick up a NEW one for less than $300, that pretty much destroyed the used market. Nearly everyone who had one would end up selling it for a big loss. Hell, I have a small crack in the corner of my glass panel (closed quarter circle crack across the top corner, so its cosmetic). A new panel is around $200 and I am guessing that if I were to try to sell this one, I wouldn't even be able to recoup the cost of the screen replacement.

And I am really eyeing the 6P, of course, the thing seems awesome. But I am having a REALLY hard time justifying the purchase to myself because the 6 runs so damn well. It's fast, smooth, gets great battery life. And I disagree with those 'cons' everyone mentions. I've had no problems with the camera and the quality of pictures it takes. Other than the low screen brightness (which I can tweak with a widget), the screen has not done me wrong. Oh, and I got giant mits, so the size is nothing other than a BIG plus for me. Even on a G3, it was a little cramped when I typed.

So I can think of no reason to get rid of my Nexus 6. Well, other than 'because new'... which is a powerful force in and of itself. But for the prices that people can get a Nexus 6 for now, it's a crazy value. I've said it plenty of times before, but the Nexus 6 completely wipes the floor with any phone that is available for the same price you can get it at now.
    ElronTheElder likes this.
    11-11-2015 12:10 PM
73 123