Replacement phone, wireless charging not working

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I got a replacement phone (cracked screen on previous) and all seems well except that the wireless charging doesn't work. I have tried it on two different chargers and those same chargers still work on my old phone (which I haven't sent back yet). Is there something I can try before I give Moto a call to see about a replacement for my replacement?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You'd probably have to open the phone up, which would make it harder to get another replacement. I'd just contact Motorola, although it's a hassle.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I think you are right, unfortunately. I think I will wait a bit and see what happens. I have some time under warranty on this one, so there is no rush, but I doubt anything will change, either those receptors work or they don't, I suppose.

almarsh78

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Funny you mention this

About 3 weeks ago I had a replacement sent to me... Same issue with the wireless charging not working... Oh how I wish it ended there.

I did the advance replacement which they place a $500+ hold on my credit card (even though you can buy the phone new for less than $300 now). In any case I call them and advise them that the replacement they sent was defective. The geniuses they have in tech support seemed to have no idea what wireless charging was... After speaking to multiple reps they (I'm guessing) gave up and said that they no longer do replacements since mine was a "Google play" edition... So I would now have to go through Google directly (even though I bought the phone through their website).

So....... They sent me a return label for the defective replacement device and took the hold of the card. It was over.... Or so I thought...

I then get another replacement in the mail today. I check my card statement and see a nice $535 charge from Motorola.

So another hour wasted for them to reverse the charge... Which I have about little faith will get done correctly... And have to take yet another trip to FedEx to drop off another phone.

I think this will be the last Motorola device I purchase... A shame because I like their products but the people they have working there are too incompetent.

Posted via the Android Central App

tom kennedy4

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I don't know about the phone, but one issue is the thickness of the protective case. I solved that by drilling a hole through the back of the case. Charger cost $6.00 and everything works fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay