Project FI ?

heath patrick

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nexus6 on 5.1 that has been unlocked and rooted(Verizon phone). I just ordered a SIM for project FI service to try out rhe coverage. Will I be ok with my phone still being on 5.1? Or will i need to update it to the latest verizon of Android?

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nexus6 on 5.1 that has been unlocked and rooted(Verizon phone). I just ordered a SIM for project FI service to try out rhe coverage. Will I be ok with my phone still being on 5.1? Or will i need to update it to the latest verizon of Android?

Google will tell you what you need to do, if anything. I don't think Fi has started dishing out 6.0 yet(or do it seems from the posts, I could be wrong).

Posted via the Android Central App

heath patrick

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Good Im hoping I will be able to leave it on 5.1 as ive never side loaded an OTA or whatever it is you do to update when your rooted. I only rooted to get free hotspot teathering and I dont want to have to get rid of that in case the FI coverage sucks in my area. So if I do have to update it ill be chiming back in for help so I dont lock up my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37