Will T-Mobile Nexus 6 ever get 6.0?

Dylan Gorski

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting on 6.0 on T-Mobile. It's starting to feel like the Nexus phones mean nothing in terms of fast updates if they aren't on Project Fi. Anybody know what's taking so long?

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting on 6.0 on T-Mobile. It's starting to feel like the Nexus phones mean nothing in terms of fast updates if they aren't on Project Fi. Anybody know what's taking so long?

I think this is why Google is not selling the 6P / 5X via carriers -- they always start to mess it up.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I agree, this OTA fiasco is ridiculous for you guys. I got my Nexus 6 last week and couldn't wait, so sideloaded the OTA and everything is great.

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
As I've now explained not once, not twice but thrice, T-Mobile nexus 6 will never get android 6.0 OTA.

Stop pining after something you cannot ever have and accept your doom.😉

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
As I've now explained not once, not twice but thrice, T-Mobile nexus 6 will never get android 6.0 OTA.

Stop pining after something you cannot ever have and accept your doom.??????

So what your saying not once, not twice but three times, the people who have a nexus 6, with the TMO version of the ROM will never get an OTA for marshmallow? Thats important news.. care to provide a source for that?

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

LOL, no. Virtually NO ONE on Project Fi is on Marshmallow yet. I sideloaded it because I got impatient. Verizon is pushing 6.0 before Project Fi is, if that tells you anything. I still don't have the November security update, and I'm on a N6 on Fi........I'm half tempted to factory reset it and put my Verizon SIM back in.....

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
So what your saying not once, not twice but three times, the people who have a nexus 6, with the TMO version of the ROM will never get an OTA for marshmallow? Thats important news.. care to provide a source for that?

My source? An undeniable, irrefutable, and beyond reproach source called mathematics. It's now day 34 since Google began rolling out 6.0 OTAs and no one on a Tmo Nexus 6 has recieved an OTA without having to factory reset and pull their sim.

Last year every single Nexus 5 had received a 5.0 OTA within 3 weeks of the roll out. Here we are about to start week 6 and thus far nothing. Not from Tmo, not from Fi, only Sprint and Verizon seem to be sending them out.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus 6 is listed as "T-Mobile Testing" on the T-Mo support page which is better than the non-Nexus devices which are still in "Manufacturer Development".

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note - Let's keep it civil and not tell each other how to post. If you do not care for a post you do not have to reply -- If it is out of line please report it for the mod team.

Thanks.

golfpt

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Unlocked T-Mobile 6.0 update

Pulled T-Mobile sim and reset on WiFi only. 6.0 update showed after/during reset...Good luck!

cache11

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unlocked T-Mobile 6.0 update

It took 3 resets for me on wifi. Have you received the November security update? I have not and on T Mobile with unlocked N6.

wezi427

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

Did you get your phone from T-Mobile?

I wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup

golfpt

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Not sure if I have November's yet... But def. have October's

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I think this is why Google is not selling the 6P / 5X via carriers -- they always start to mess it up.

Not the reason. Most people that have a nexus 6 on t-mobile purchased it outside of t-mobile. As soon as you insert your SIM card in your nexus 6 it tells the network. So currently the n6 update is being held by t-mobile even though it comes from Google servers. Best way to get it is to remove SIM card, reset and connect to WiFi. Then the 6.0 update will come though, after that you can re insert your SIM card. The easiest way would be to use adb and sideload zip ota file.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
T-mobile Nexus 6 6.0 Update

Many are reporting that removing SIM card, resetting and then connecting to WiFi and checking again will initiate the 6.0 update. Although that seems to be working some don't want to reset their phone which is why it's also good to point out that just removing SIM card and rebooting some are getting they update this way also. Wouldn't hurt to try.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: T-mobile Nexus 6 6.0 Update

There is no T-Mobile version of the Nexus 6. If you buy it from T-Mobile you get the exact same phone you get if buying it from Google, Amazon, etc.