Just Got The OTA For My Nexus 6!

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Just installed the OTA update of 6.0 from Verizon.... I received it on my Nexus 7 2013 WiFi tablet on Friday, and it runs amazingly smooth on that! Hope the Nexus 6 runs as good! The doze feature was one I was particularly interested in, and it has improved my battery life dramatically!

Posted via the Android Central App

KxngLux

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Wow, I'm still waiting on my update for my 6. My wife got it last week. Notice any visible changes?

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I'm still waiting on my update for my 6. My wife got it last week. Notice any visible changes?

I think the biggest change to me is the battery life! Appearance wise it is the same as Lollipop to me anyway. Performance on my Nexus 7 seems to have been bumped up a notch or two, but on the Nexus 6, I never had an issue with performance on Lollipop!

sashaglo

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I got the update last night. Everything is working just fine. Charged battery to 100%. I want to see if my battery life has improved.

way2broke

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Updated to lmy48x from lmy48t...monthly security patch..... No 6.0 for me yet.... I guess eventually.

sashaglo

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Battery is down to 48% after 9 hours. I played a few games (total of 15 min). I didn't talk or text. Checked my emails, but didn't email anyone. So...battery usage seems the same or worse! Anyone have any suggestions?

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Has Anyone Using AT&T as a carrier successfully side loaded 6.0 on their N6?

I know that there are plenty of posts about side loading 6.0 on the N6, but I'm looking specifically for anyone that was on LMY48W or LMY48Y using AT&T as their carrier that has actually loaded 6.0 and the phone worked properly. I used Wugfresh NTK and was able to get 6.0 but my phone was terrible, (cell service and LTE) when I flashed it back to 5.1.1 LMY48W it went back to working fine.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Has Anyone Using AT&T as a carrier successfully side loaded 6.0 on their N6?

I was on Cricket Wireless (an AT&T MVNO) and sideloaded Marshmallow on my Nexus 6 without any problems at all.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Has Anyone Using AT&T as a carrier successfully side loaded 6.0 on their N6?

I got a strong worded reply from a Mod at Google Device product page for posting this on Google Device product website. Was told that there is no official build for the 5.1.1 LMY48W or LMY48Y and that I was "confusing the OP" of that thread. But the OP specifically asked what build of 6.0 would work on an AT&T Nexus 6. Don't understand what's the difference between what he asked and what I asked.

metalgirl3

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for getting an answer for us. I've never side loaded anything and now at least I know not to try it.

omegafiler

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

I had the standard AT&T build when I manually upgraded to MRA58K and it's been working great. That was a couple days after 6.0 was released.

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images?hl=en

I wiped everything and used adb to manually flash each of the img files via Linux. My win10 box wasn't cooperating at the time. Also used this guide for more info.

https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-get-android-m-preview