So I've been waiting about a month for the 6.0 update. Then today a notification popped up saying "System update downloaded". I got so excited that I was ready to drop everything and download. Then it says " This software update will improve the security of your Nexus 6 with the November 2015 patches."

Then I cried.

Is anyone out there still waiting for 6.0? If so, why would I get the Nov. Security update first?

EDIT: I have a 32GB White Nexus 6. It's unlocked and bought from Motorola.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-10-2015 04:27 PM
    So I've been waiting about a month for the 6.0 update. Then today a notification popped up saying "System update downloaded". I got so excited that I was ready to drop everything and download. Then it says " This software update will improve the security of your Nexus 6 with the November 2015 patches."

Then I cried.

Is anyone out there still waiting for 6.0? If so, why would I get the Nov. Security update first?

All ATT users in that same boat unless you sideload or flash the Google firmware yourself. All other carriers have moved to M, but ATT hasn't approved an OTA yet. So I'm with you.

Hunter Petit likes this.
    11-10-2015 04:33 PM
    What build is your phone now?

11-10-2015 04:35 PM
    What build is your phone now?

LYZ28N is my new build number.

11-10-2015 04:52 PM

Then I cried.

That's crazy... I've been on 6.0 for a three weeks after an OTA yet I don't have the November security update. I'm sure the Iphoners are having a good laugh.

11-10-2015 05:03 PM
    Hey AT&T NEXUS 6 OWNERS!!!!!!

if u can remove sim card do a factory reset and u will get 6.0 and security update. Did mine on Friday night took 40 minutes and so glad I did it...

Google on tab is freaking awesome I use the hell out of my google now it takes awhile to get use to the home button since it no longer brings up google now ..

Doze is amazing I went to bed at 89% set phone to priority and woke up 8 hrs later at 86%

System iu tuning is cool I moved the do not disturb icon that's it.

Overall marshmallow is what lollipop should/could of been.
    11-11-2015 04:21 PM
    Hey AT&T NEXUS 6 OWNERS!!!!!!

if u can remove sim card do a factory reset and u will get 6.0 and security update. Did mine on Friday night took 40 minutes and so glad I did it...

Google on tab is freaking awesome I use the hell out of my google now it takes awhile to get use to the home button since it no longer brings up google now ..

Doze is amazing I went to bed at 89% set phone to priority and woke up 8 hrs later at 86%

System iu tuning is cool I moved the do not disturb icon that's it.

Overall marshmallow is what lollipop should/could of been.
    I've tried this method of getting marshmallow and it did not work.
    11-11-2015 10:48 PM
    I've been waiting for somebody to come in and introduce some chaos like this. Let's hope everybody doesn't lose their minds.

Posted via a different phone every time
    11-11-2015 11:10 PM
    Hmm. Iam not sure why I didn't . I just read a few other had done it and worked so I tried and worked for me as well. I kept sim out until it was completely finished.
    11-12-2015 08:27 AM
    Hmm. Iam not sure why I didn't . I just read a few other had done it and worked so I tried and worked for me as well. I kept sim out until it was completely finished.
    Is the "phone" working OK? I did this and I did get the updates all the way to 6.0, but my cell and LTE signals were terrible, constant missed calls, phone wouldn't even ring half the time, failed text messages, both sending and receiving, and my data signal was constantly dropping down to H and really slow. I flashed it back to stock 5.1.1 LMY48W and now my phone is back to working like it was before. Something is screwy with AT&T's radios

11-12-2015 08:41 AM
    Ya it works fine. Actually much more smoother
    I no longer have WiFi issues where my phone wouldn't connect without rebooting it.

Only thing that is odd is that my boot up animation didn't change. It's 6.0 no doubt about it
    11-12-2015 08:45 AM
    Is the "phone" working OK? I did this and I did get the updates all the way to 6.0, but my cell and LTE signals were terrible, constant missed calls, phone wouldn't even ring half the time, failed text messages, both sending and receiving, and my data signal was constantly dropping down to H and really slow. I flashed it back to stock 5.1.1 LMY48W and now my phone is back to working like it was before. Something is screwy with AT&T's radios

Sounds like issues with the update. Just hard reset and start fresh, it should solve your problems. Also double check your apn settings.

11-12-2015 08:35 PM
    LYZ28N is my new build number.

Are you familiar with adb or side loading on a nexus?

11-12-2015 08:36 PM
    I've tried this method of getting marshmallow and it did not work.
    Try again. Sometimes it takes 2 tries or more. It's a pain but until Google forces carriers to stop delaying updates it's going to keep happening. What build are you on?

11-12-2015 08:37 PM
    Try again. Sometimes it takes 2 tries or more. It's a pain but until Google forces carriers to stop delaying updates it's going to keep happening. What build are you on?

I tried a total of 4 times. Still nothing. I'm on LMY48Y
    11-12-2015 11:12 PM
    I'm still waiting as well.. Debating on doing more research and side loading... I have unlocked nexus 6 non carrier branded.. Metro pcs sim.. Got the Nov security patch on the 3rd... Build # LMY48X anybody else on this build?

11-14-2015 12:00 PM