Cast Screen: Anyone use it?

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone use the cast screen feature? With apps like allcast to cast photos, I haven't really found a use case for it. Just curious.

Yes, as ITV player here in the United Kingdom of Englandshire does not allow casting. So the Cast Screen option bypasses this function as it's the only way I can watch ITV player on my TV. They don't support an app for my Smart TV either. They're that good a station.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
A lot of apps support Chromecast very well (Hulu, Youtube, Netflix, etc), allowing you to stream media while doing whatever else on the phone, but I still do 'Cast Screen' on a few, such as Comcast. Not quite as smooth, and definitely a higher battery drain (since it still has to run the phone's screen), but functional.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Haven't had need to use it on my N6 yet (just got it), but I've used the feature on my Nexus 7 before. We were having a meeting and someone had some sketches they wanted to show everyone. I did cast screen and opened the camera app, and it was just like having a wireless overhead projector. :)

BartmanJax

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I use it all the time. Since I gave to boot to DirecTV, there are some cable network shows that I still watch that haven't added Chromecast support to their apps. So, I just start playing the show on the phone or tablet and then cast the screen to me TV. Works great.