Can I sync Google Account only every night?

A

AC Question

Hi all,

Sorry to bother everyone, newbie here. I've searched the forums though but there's no answer :(

I'm using a Nexus 6 and I have a quick question. Can I only set my Google account to sync every night (i.e. when I go to bed)? I'm currently on a business trip to China and if Google automatically tries to sync during the day it keeps the phone "awake" 100% even if the screen is off and it still doesn't sync (China blocks all things Google...)

Do I have to use Tasker for this automation?

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is the Awake bar totally solid? It shouldn't be doing that--I would suspect that something else is keeping the phone awake.

But if you turn off the Auto-Sync feature, that should turn off the Google account's sync. You can still manually sync.

jsushi

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy,

Sorry for replying so late and thank you for your response. Yes the Awake bar was totally solid. I ended up doing a factory reset and installed apps one by one. It is much better now. Out of curiosity, what is the average use time for Nexus phones? My HTC One M8 with greenify used to be able to get me 14+ hours with regular use throughout the day. I'm guessing Nexus 6P isn't that great though (I decided not to install greenify this time around)

That being said, is the below screenshot more reasonable?
Screenshot_20151204-155041.jpg