I am sure this has been asked before and I am sorry for the repeat:

An unlocked Nexus 6 will work on Verizon as long as you have a nano sim correct? There is no reason why you would want the "Verizon" nexus 6?

I am finally going to pull the trigger on one for my wife and I am just wanting to make sure that there is no problem with getting the unlocked version and using it on Verizon. I know that in the beginning people were having trouble activating them on Verizon and that they then came out with a "Verizon" skew in the spring. I was not sure if the Verizon version messed up anything for the unlocked phone working. Amazon has them for $350 (i missed the black Friday deal )

Anyway, thanks for your help.
    12-08-2015 07:58 PM
    An unlocked Nexus 6 will work on Verizon as long as you have a nano sim correct? There is no reason why you would want the "Verizon" nexus 6?
    Correct! The only reason to get the Verizon version is the payment plan if you can't afford to buy one outright. All Nexus 6's in the US are the same, have the same internals, the same radios.

Posted via the Android Central App
    NoYankees44 likes this.
    12-08-2015 08:36 PM
    Correct! The only reason to get the Verizon version is the payment plan if you can't afford to buy one outright. All Nexus 6's in the US are the same, have the same internals, the same radios.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Don't you have to have Verizon authorize the phone in-store if it's unlocked?
    12-09-2015 09:29 AM
    Nope. I got my N6, pulled the SIM from my Droid Maxx, put it in the N6, and it's worked perfectly since. When I log into the Verizon Wireless website, it shows the Nexus 6 under my devices.
    BartmanJax likes this.
    12-09-2015 12:20 PM
    You used too. Evidently, they finally updated their "authorized IMEI" list to include the N6....FINALLY!

I was over at a friend's house the other day and we popped the SIM out of his Droid "whatever" phone, put the SIM into my N6 and it registered on their network and worked just fine.
    12-09-2015 02:37 PM