Hey Guys!

So unfortunately I broke the screen on my Nexus 6. Fortunately its a SINGLE crack running through the top-right to the middle-left. Now functionality wise, there is NO effect on the actual usability on the phone. And even when looking at media, there is no harsh disparity between the broken crack and the actual screen. Now the thing is, the crack is very noticeable when the phone is off.

Now my question is, should I sucker up and pay the $190 to fix the screen from Motorola or wait a few months and get another/better phone?

Help me guys this is has been eating away at me.

TLR // Broke my phone's screen, single crack, ain't SUPER bad. Should I sucker up the $190 to fix the screen?
    12-12-2015 01:12 PM
    Can't help you with your decision, but next time get a glass screen protector. I dropped mine and the gsp cracked, but not the screen. Cost me $6.99 for a new one.
    12-12-2015 01:27 PM
    I'm in the same boat, but mine cracked in the bottom right corner and has a single line going across the bottom 10% of the screen. It happened a month ago. I'm less upset about it now than I was when it happened. I figure I'm just going to ride it out. Once you get over the initial disappointment with the situation it really isn't *that* bad.
    12-12-2015 01:38 PM
    You can buy good ones on swappa.com for 220-250. I know it is more than just getting it fixed but it's an alternative.

__________________________________________________________________________________-_________________________-____________________
    12-12-2015 02:38 PM
    How long exactly?

I would say to probably just wait it out; in February, my iPhone (sorry, crapPhone*) came to the point of being nearly dysfunctional (couldn't enter passwords, could take me minutes just to dial a single phone number, don't get me started on texting; it was an unknown problem that severely affected user touch input and appeared to be the screen though a full screen replacement didn't work) and i had to live with it until July. So personally I wouldn't just because I know it's not THAT bad.....
    12-13-2015 12:04 AM
    What I am thinking, is the best course of action. Is to just wait till the Nexus 6P or the Moto X Style drops in price and just get a new phone instead of replacing my screen.
    Adam Ziarnik likes this.
    12-13-2015 09:46 AM
    I did that too. But for me it shattered in one corner with two cracks radiating all the way from top to bottom. This happened after i dropped it from barely a foot high :/. Paid the equivalent of $200.
    Will a glass screen protector really make a difference? Won't the force of impact be transmitted?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-27-2015 11:31 AM
    If you fix it and sell it now, you'd get rid of that problematic crack and have enough to put towards something you actually like. There's tons of great places to look for repairs at good prices instead of going with the OEM, BTW, which is always more expensive. Check out this place...just a suggestion.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-30-2015 08:34 AM