Is the the nexus 6 still a good purchase

Hardtarget2

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I was looking into buying the 6p but I can't get it for another 2 months so I wanted to know is the nexus 6 still a good purchase. Or should I just wait?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Depending on the price and condition, I'd say yes.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
After buy a g4 on Verizon and having major touch screen issues I sold that and "downgraded" to last year's nexus 6 I could not be happier with my 349 purchase

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

TacoKingYo

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Can't get it for another 2 months?
I love my Nexus 6. I would say it's an amazing buy.
But unless you're stuck in a rut and absolutely cannot wait then I'd say wait. You can get the improved cameras with the fingerprint scanner if you do, for the same price :)

32gig

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Got my nexus 6 32 gb off swappa new in box for $274.. I'm on my 4th day with it, came in last Thursday, and no regrets, I love this phone..

Posted via nexus 6 on straight talks at&t sim

Eric Head

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I currently have both the 6 and the 6P and I keep leaning toward the 6. Mainly cause I love the 6" display. Both are great devices but right now im partial to the 6.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
The N5 was the first truly great Nexus, but it still skimped heavily on several parts to meet a price, and labored under the history of prior devices. The N6 was great (even the camera was great at the time - not best, but quite capable and at least competitive), and put the Nexus name in true contention with other flagships. It's high price and still lack of precedent made a number of people naysay its virtues.

The N6P is touted by many (not all, but no phone ever gets universal acknowledgement) as the best, a true feat for not being a 'traditional' OEM build and design.

In short, the N6, at the price it can be obtained today, is a stellar deal, and while not equipped with a fingerprint scanner or (current) incredible camera, is more than capable of dealing with aout anything you'd throw at it. Also, is compatible with the slew of chargers (including Qi, if you have them) lying around, so I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

This is the first year I haven't upgraded to the latest, and I've had no regrets - in about 10 months, they'll both be 'old' models.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
In short, the N6, at the price it can be obtained today, is a stellar deal, and while not equipped with a fingerprint scanner or (current) incredible camera, is more than capable of dealing with aout anything you'd throw at it.

That's pretty much it... I struggled against 'because new' as the N6 gave me no reason to get rid of it. But as I am weak, I succumbed to the temptation and bought a N6P... And it's true that the newer Nexus is pretty much superior in near every aspect (n6 might take better video due to OIS, but that's about it), if you have a Nexus 6, don't feel left out... It is still one of the best phones available, never mind at that price.

Rodney Silva

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I currently have both the 6 and the 6P and I keep leaning toward the 6. Mainly cause I love the 6" display. Both are great devices but right now im partial to the 6.

Posted via the Android Central App

Same here! I have both was going to sell the 6 but I keep meaning back to it. Love screen size for media and work.