Curious: Is Anyone pushing the 6.0.1 OTA?

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Curious: Is Anyone pushing the 6.01 OTA?

Just received it now from Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App

Magellan

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
Re: Curious: Is Anyone pushing the 6.01 OTA?

Just got the OTA on my Nexus 6 on T-Mobile. I am now at Android Security Patch Level December 1, 2015.

way2broke

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
No marshmallow on my Nexus 6 yet.

No December security patch or android 6.0 or 6.0.1 i have a nexus 6 direct from motorola... Using T-Mobile sim build LMY48X...... Is my phone broken? just wondering.

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Nexus 5 on Cable and Wireless Panama (aka +Movil) and it got the OTA on Monday 12/14.

Oddly my Nexus 6P roaming here on T-Mobile has yet to receive the update, but as I use the Nexus 5 more while I am here, I really do not care. I wonder if T-Mobile blocks/prevents the update when roaming overseas?

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Nexus 5 on Cable and Wireless Panama (aka +Movil) and it got the OTA on Monday 12/14.

Oddly my Nexus 6P roaming here on T-Mobile has yet to receive the update, but as I use the Nexus 5 more while I am here, I really do not care. I wonder if T-Mobile blocks/prevents the update when roaming overseas?

I know they were blocking it in the states. But I forced update to 6.0 a while back and t-mobile didn't block the 6.0.1 which I got couple days ago.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: No marshmallow on my Nexus 6 yet.

No December security patch or android 6.0 or 6.0.1 i have a nexus 6 direct from motorola... Using T-Mobile sim build LMY48X...... Is my phone broken? just wondering.
Have you asked about updating at a T-Mo brick 'n' mortar store? I may be wrong, but I thought LMY48X was a MetroPCS build. If Metro PCS is your carrier, you're probably stuck waiting until they approve a MM build. If T-Mobile is your carrier, though, you may be able to get them to update you to LMY48N so that you can get the later T-Mo builds.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: No marshmallow on my Nexus 6 yet.

You are still on lollipop build. Nothing is wrong with your phone. The patches only come with a new build update. I would just keep checking the update option on your phone. You will most likely jump straight to 6.0.1 or just go to 6.0 first. December patch only comes if you get the 6.0.1 update. By the way, the build you just posted belongs to metropcs. I recommend removing sim and if you can do a hard reset and check for updates again.

way2broke

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I too am on build LMY48X... My phone came from Motorola directly.... I do use a T-Mobile sim but build was not ever mentioned as being updated by T-Mobile ...this is all kinda confusing

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I too am on build LMY48X... My phone came from Motorola directly.... I do use a T-Mobile sim but build was not ever mentioned as being updated by T-Mobile ...this is all kinda confusing

Did you ever use this phone on metro pcs? And although the updates come from google, tmobile updated their builds in the past due to wifi calling which wasn't built into google os in the past. With marshmallow that feature is built in and is activated automatically depending on sim card. I'm sure if you remove sim and check for update it will come up and update to latest build. If not then remove sim and hard reset. I know it's confusing but now with unified builds updates should be a lot easier.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
My current Nexus 6 that was a Google Play Store purchase and using AT&T obviously never got an update even after loading 6.0
But I bought a second Nexus that arrived today and without ever putting a Sim card in it turned it on and it was at 5.1 out of the box, it kept OTA updating up to 6.0.1
So my personal opinion is that the carriers may have something to do with the updates. That's just my opinion though.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
My current Nexus 6 that was a Google Play Store purchase and using AT&T obviously never got an update even after loading 6.0
But I bought a second Nexus that arrived today and without ever putting a Sim card in it turned it on and it was at 5.1 out of the box, it kept OTA updating up to 6.0.1
So my personal opinion is that the carriers may have something to do with the updates. That's just my opinion though.

You are half correct. They don't release or provide the update, but they do test it and based on imei and SIM card they can delay it. That is why after removing SIM on an att or t-mobile phone and doing hard reset, it will refresh it and initiate the update. T-Mobile started doing it with 6.0 due to Wi-Fi calling and band 12, but with 6.0.1 they seem to be letting Google take the reins again. Att and Verizon may have done the same but it could also be Google that's not letting them this time because all these updates include the monthly security patch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome