Curious: Is Anyone pushing the 6.0.1 OTA?

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Google announced 6.01 on 12/7, and the factory image became available soon after, certainly by 12/8. On the other hand, T-Mobile, for instance, has yet to acknowledge receipt of the 6.01 update from Google officially on their Support pages. (They used to publicize the availability of new updates immediately, well in advance of any actual rollout.)

So have any carriers made any sort of noise about this update? Has anyone come across any chatter about the OTA? (I mean, besides all the posts and comments about flashing the factory image.)

I'm really just wondering if carriers, T-Mobile in particluar, are going to subject each revision to MM to the same extended testing process that the jump from L received. That would kind of put a major crimp in any plans re. "timely" monthly updates, no?

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I haven't got on my Nexus 6 yet. Had to flash it on my Nexus 7.

EDIT: Got it December 15.

Posted from my Nexus 6/Nexus 7 2013/Surface Pro 3

Last edited:

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: Curious: Is Anyone pushing the 6.01 OTA?

Come on google, just push it please. I want me some band 12 on tmobile.....I hate being last in line to find the ota links. All other devices seem to have them.
pushit.jpg

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

It doesn't look like the Nexus 6, on any carrier, has begun receiving 6.0.1 OTA update. Hopefully starts being pushed soon.

GPuba

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I got it on my Nexus 7 on the 9th. My friend got it on her Nexus 5 on the 8th. Neither my Nexus 6 and Nexus 9 have received the update. Neither has my friend's Nexus 5x.

Posted via the Android Central App

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

I on on T-Mobile and I now sideload all my updates on my Nexus 6. Never got 6.0 and even the November security update never came. I did have to unlock my bootloader and erase my device but it is worth it to have updates day 1 and I don't lose any sleep over security concerns. 6.0 ran great actually fixed the horrible call quality over LTE and now 6.0.1 my phone is even snappier.

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site

Nexus 6P has it rolling out now.
think we would be after them..but..who knows.
Stranger things have happened.

DroidTron

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

I got the OTA notification for 6.0.1 just now when I switched back to WiFi and checked for the update. I am on MRA58N which I had to manually flash to last month. I'm on T-Mobile. Don't know why this update came so fast but I'm not complaining.

Attachments

• 7171.jpg
    7171.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 408

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site

I got 6.0.1 on my Nexus 6 on TMobile. My wife (same phone.. same carrier) is on 5.1.1.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

It's good to see the Nexus 6 update being pushed. For those not wanting to wait, OTA links are now available for flashing.

Yung_Dilla

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

It's good to see the Nexus 6 update being pushed. For those not wanting to wait, OTA links are now available for flashing.

I'm on t mobile with the nexus 6 not rooted but my bootloader is unlocked (not running any roms or anything all stock with the exception of the unlocked bootloader) will i still receive ota updates from t mobile?

Lmao as soon as i asked you i checked my phone and it was waiting talk about perfect timing lol..

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Just got the 6.0.1 ota. What's weird is that I have a t-mobile SIM card installed. Probably because I've been running the 6.0 update before t-mobile released it. I love the new double tap power for camera.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

I on on T-Mobile and I now sideload all my updates on my Nexus 6. Never got 6.0 and even the November security update never came. I did have to unlock my bootloader and erase my device but it is worth it to have updates day 1 and I don't lose any sleep over security concerns. 6.0 ran great actually fixed the horrible call quality over LTE and now 6.0.1 my phone is even snappier.

I did the same thing back when 6.0 was released. But I did it via ota zip with adb and didn't erase. I was about to do the same now that the 6.0.1 ota was released but it was just pushed to my phone today.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

I'm on t mobile with the nexus 6 not rooted but my bootloader is unlocked (not running any roms or anything all stock with the exception of the unlocked bootloader) will i still receive ota updates from t mobile?

Lmao as soon as i asked you i checked my phone and it was waiting talk about perfect timing lol..

I'm on t-mobile and just got the 6.0.1 update. Looks like t-mobile is not blocking this one. Probably cause it includes all the tweaks from their own one.