New features and bug fixes on 6.0.1

DroidTron

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
If you're running 6.0.1, see anything new?

I like how you can now press the power button twice to quickly access the camera. The vibration is a bit much though.

The cut and paste delays are now fixed.

The new emojis are there but most people I know have older versions of Android and will only see an X in a box. I guess iPhone users can see them however.

Still need to use it for a few more days to see what other quirks got fixed.

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I've got the notification this morning, I will be heading home on my dinner break, so will install it then and see if I notice anything new.

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Installed and updated, not noticed anything new, as mentioned in another post on here. Not sure what I should be looking for, however can confirm the power button press starts the camera, which is a nice feature to have.

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
For me the only 2 things I cared about in this update were

1-Double tap power to open camera
2-Enabling tmobile band 12 to get a better signal I hope. Some areas on project fi are very spotty and I hoped it fixed it.

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't see the new emojis.... I want my damn unicorn.

Edit: Nevermind...its because I was using SwiftKey and they haven't updated yet.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
For me the only 2 things I cared about in this update were

1-Double tap power to open camera
2-Enabling tmobile band 12 to get a better signal I hope. Some areas on project fi are very spotty and I hoped it fixed it.

Im pretty sure band 12 was enabled prior to this update. You may bethinking about the Nenxus 5x and 6p.

DroidTron

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
The annoying notification whenever I was in range of a stored WiFi access point that needed an additional login has been fixed. At least I think it has.

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Im pretty sure band 12 was enabled prior to this update. You may bethinking about the Nenxus 5x and 6p.

From what I read Lollipop enabled it, then marshmallow 6.0 killed band 12 (for project fi only I think?). Then 6.0.1 brought it back. I could be mistaken, but glad to get an update to fix any bugs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38