Screen off OK Google hasn't worked since 6.0

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

OK Google with the screen off hasn't worked since I updated to 6.0. Today I got 6.0.1 and so no dice. It's set to on in my settings. Any thoughts?

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
When you say it hasn't worked, does that mean that it doesn't hear you (screen doesn't turn on)? Or does it hear you, but not understand you? or does it understand the question, but not give you the results without unlocking your screen?
Can you share a screen shot of your voice settings?

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

OK Google with the screen off hasn't worked since I updated to 6.0. Today I got 6.0.1 and so no dice. It's set to on in my settings. Any thoughts?

I noticed the same on my phone today. It worked on 6.0 but not on 6.0.1. It's annoying because I use voice activation in the car all the time.

Posted via the Android Central App

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

I found this fix!!!
  1. Go into Google Now, then go into settings
  2. Go into Voice
  3. Go into "OK Google" detection
  4. Turn off From any app and Always On
  5. restart phone
  6. Go back into Google Now settings and turn on From any app and Always On

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
When you say it hasn't worked, does that mean that it doesn't hear you (screen doesn't turn on)? Or does it hear you, but not understand you? or does it understand the question, but not give you the results without unlocking your screen?
Can you share a screen shot of your voice settings?

Doesn't hear me and screen doesn't turn on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdvdbone88