Nexus 6: Charging Problem

Cyvain87

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Hope this is the right location for this query...... I have a Nexus 6 and over past couple of days I have suddenly been having a nightmare with charging it. I don't know if it is the cable or the phone but I am struggling to get the phone to charge with the cable it originally came with whether plugged in to my laptop or the wall. I was going to try it with a different cable but the only other one I seem to have has a bend micro USB end anyway. I have. A new cable on order for now but if this makes no difference what do I do next, contact Google for help as I am still well within warranty? And is there anyway as I can charge my phone meanwhile, I'm assuming not but ideas if there are any would be awesome. Thanks.

Cyvain87

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately I do not have one of those, and not really the spare money to pick one up. Just lucky a micro USB cable is so cheap, guess I just need to hope that it is just the cable then if I want to be able to use my phone anytime soon?

BartmanJax

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I would bet it's your cable. They do go bad. They're temperamental. You have to be careful with them. Be gentle with them like a newborn.

Just a quick tip....get a backup charger and several cables. Just in case. If you want a GOOD "turbo" charger, get this one from Amazon. Very reasonable. I have three of them and they work great. I bought them at the end of August for $7.99 when they were on sale. Sign up for an Amazon account. Put one in your shopping cart but don't buy it yet. When it goes on sale, because it's in your cart, Amazon will notify you of the sale price. I don't think they'll ever hit $7.99 again, but you should be able to get one for around $15 with free shipping.

Good luck!

UPDATE: Here is that charger on eBay!...free shipping, no tax.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/391346073993

Last edited:

Cyvain87

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the info. New cable charged the phone up fine but I did have issues with battery life on phone not showing accurately trying to do a proper good calibration of it to fix this. I seem to have micro USB cable die on me like... Umm something that doesn't live for 5 seconds I can't think of a comparison now.. But Yeh do I do something wrong with the cables to make this happen?

Joseph Guy1

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
It's the cable call moto they will give you an choice send them your cable first or let them charge 10 to you credit card as an security deposit, that's what I did, until you get your new one just use any micro usb

Jayne Says

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I know this was resolved - but I have found that over the last month (perhaps since the last security update), my Verizon Nexus 6 has needed to be rebooted to start charging. This has happened three times where I have the phone connected but nothing happens regardless of wiggling the cable into better positions, etc. Rebooting without touching the cable has it start charging right away.

I believe the phrase is "WTF?".

Alex Fragogiannis

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
I know this was resolved - but I have found that over the last month (perhaps since the last security update), my Verizon Nexus 6 has needed to be rebooted to start charging. This has happened three times where I have the phone connected but nothing happens regardless of wiggling the cable into better positions, etc. Rebooting without touching the cable has it start charging right away.

I believe the phrase is "WTF?".

I'm having the same problem. I've tried tons of different cables but nothing works. Like you said started right after the last update.

TampaNative

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. Just updated and now Moto Google Nexus 6 won't charge! WTF!!??? This has something to do with the latest update and we need some real answers or trouble shooting help. Some procedure? I'm about to crack mine open, unplug the battery and try a hard reset. I need my phone and data back!

Thanks in advance for any help is appreciated! I Hope someone has a solution, Right now I can only get the screen to light up for a few seconds after charging for hours. I think I might try to open her and unplug the battery to hard reset it?? Waiting for some feedback first.

TampaNative

PS: I have a 64GB Nexus 6 on the way. Would still like to get mine awake to sync again so I can retrieve my pics and some other data. Any help is appreited

Last edited:

TampaNative

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
@Jayne Says,
There are apps to shut down unnecessary background running processes to help greatly with your battery life. Avast free for Android has a great one bundled into it for FREE! It works great for me, but there are others at the Play Store to choose from.
Sincerely,
TampaNative

PS: I still need help with my Moto Google Nexus 6?

Warrier

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I've had this exact same problem with my Nexus 6 ever since the security update using my original cable. Did any of you happen to find a solution?

@Jayne Says,
There are apps to shut down unnecessary background running processes to help greatly with your battery life. Avast free for Android has a great one bundled into it for FREE! It works great for me, but there are others at the Play Store to choose from.
Sincerely,
TampaNative

PS: I still need help with my Moto Google Nexus 6?

Blackdrakejzx100

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
I do believe tht it is the last update ... I've been told it's the Battery and I'm on my second battery right now thinking tht the Battery was the problem ... The battery works in a friend's phone perfectly fine and the charger is working pretty fine ... But however when I plug in the phone and I go on the battery app it says not charging ... So currently I'm walking around with my charger everywhere so tht the little battery life I have doesn't run out until someone can come up with a solution for this problem ... Now there is another security patch available for download which I hope rectifies the problem but my my problem is tht now my battery is too low for it to update ............ Help plz *sigh*

Last edited:

FactsTravel

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Out of the blue I have two Nexus 6 phones that wont charge, or slow charge. My phone wont charge. This really ticks me off. I have a thrid Nexus 6 and i just did the security update today and its rapid charging. So its not the plug, or the cord, its something else. Not cool, really not cool. Two phones at once is Google, not the phone, cord, or charger...

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
The battery indicator on my N6 is suddenly broken. It was stuck at 100 percent all day yesterday til I plugged it into the quick charger (I normally charge wirelessly, but that had no effect since the phone thought it was fully charged). That changed the indicator to 97 percent. I left it off the charger all night so it went down to about 85. I used it this morning til it got to about 50, then powered itself off. When I put it back on the charger and booted it up, it was back at 80 percent.

Any thoughts on how I can recalibrate or something?

chawk726

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
yup mine's been doing that lately, too. Getting myself a V20 in the next couple days tbh and using the credit t-mobs gives me to cover the down. because yea. this is ridiculous

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer