Can I get a Dark Theme in Isle #6 please!

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Small Rant:

After leaving android last year with my Moto G and lolipop......then using windows 8.1 and 10 till now.........using my new N6 with marshmallow is awesome....yet irritating as well. Love how the hardware functions better (battery and smoothness) now with 6.0+.

What I do not like is the UI........someone save me from all the brights and whites and over tapping to get simple things done.

The dialer is the first area that I find irritating. Compared to Win 8.1 and 10...or even KitKat.........I hate the marshmallow dialer UI on this big 6' screen.

Calendar is another thing I do not like.....(same with Win 10). Now apple, android, and Win10 all have the same god forsaken UI on the calendar. I miss the Win 8.1 calendar UI.

Then.........the HUGE need for a dark theme.... it's not available with Marshmallow?????????? wow....in this day and age how unbelievable it is not to have the ability to have this. I dont need every other screen to be a frickin flashlight with all the whites and brights.

I know I can root and stuff.....but I dont want to and would like to keep it simple as I use my phone for business mainly and have a need to keep things quick and easy to backup and reinstall if ever needed. So stock is more than enough for me to deal with anyway.

I do really like this phone otherwise and will continue to have it as my main android phone device (i also have a N7 marshmallow). I will keep on trucking with the N6 for awhile until microsoft can figure out how to make Win10 mobile stable. I have 2 Lumia Icon's to fall back with at any time if needed....cams are highly needed with them for sure....as I cant afford a 6P now.......haaaaa

BartmanJax

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Then.........the HUGE need for a dark theme.... it's not available with Marshmallow?????????? wow....in this day and age how unbelievable it is not to have the ability to have this. I dont need every other screen to be a frickin flashlight with all the whites and brights.

Not having a dark theme is a HUGE issue for me.

I'm a commercial pilot and use my phone and tablet for various functions in the cockpit, both in the air and while taxiing on the ground. And I fly at night quite often.

Saying "OK Google" or bringing up the dialer to interact with a VRU is just annoying, lighting up the whole cockpit. And if I'm driving somewhere at night in an unfamiliar city and I say "OK Google - navigate to...," the amount of white light in the dark area is not only annoying but also dangerous. The funny thing is that Google Navigation has a NIGHT MODE so as not to be too distracting. But the bright light from the various screens are very annoying.

Matías Duarte needs to seriously re-think his aversion to allowing ME, the CUSTOMER, to choose how I want MY phone to look. Yeah, I can root my phone and get into RRO and changing layers or doing a custom ROM, but I don't want to do that and I shouldn't have to do that just to get a "dark" theme.

Last edited: