03-30-2016 11:08 AM
31 12
tools
    Looking for recommendations for a case that provides good grip, slim, and drop protection. I know the speck case ma be good, but looking for other recommendations that are less expensive.

Thanks in advance!
    12-23-2015 11:42 PM
    What device is the case for?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-24-2015 12:37 AM
    Nexus 6p
    12-24-2015 01:28 AM
    Any suggestions/recommendations?
    12-26-2015 02:59 PM
    I got the Nexus Case from Google. The one with the microfiber back. I like it a lot.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=wOYycP9Z

12-26-2015 06:58 PM
    I have the official Google case in granite, a Supcase unicorn beetle and a Ringke Fusion in smoke black. I prefer the Ringke far and away over the other 2 cases. My Spigen Ultra Hybrid should be in on Monday so we'll see how that one goes. I normally like their stuff
    12-26-2015 07:28 PM
    I have the supcase slim version and the poetic affinity. I switch back and forth between them. But generally I use the affinity more often due to it's more slim profile. Both have an excellent feel.

Posted via Android Central App
    huntnyc likes this.
    12-27-2015 08:59 AM
    I recommend the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Slim for the 6P.
    Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015X90VGK...cUvbUpU4921603

12-29-2015 11:11 AM
    I have the same Supcase Unicorn Beetle Slim case and love it. I am trying to see if I can use the tempered glass screen protector with this case.
    12-29-2015 09:04 PM
    I have the same Supcase Unicorn Beetle Slim case and love it. I am trying to see if I can use the tempered glass screen protector with this case.
    Edge to edge glass ones won't work. It might get under it. I have the intelliARMOR case friendly one and it works great. No issues.

Nexus Six P
    Attached Thumbnails Case Recommendations-Grippy, Slim, Drop Protection-20151219154632.jpg  
    mumfoau, huntnyc and jaytv like this.
    12-29-2015 10:26 PM
    I know I have a case fetish..... I have the Google in granite, the Spigen Ultra Hybrid, Spigen Rugged Armor, the Ringke Fusion clear, and the SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle in clear.

I like the Spigen Ultra Hybrid the least - the entire glass back is exposed, not just where the camera and flash are.

The Ringke fusion clear shows off the whole phone the best, not a bad case.

The Google case is certainly nice. I like the micro fiber back, It's OK.

The Spigen Rugged Armor is a rocking case. Looks nice, good protection.

But..... I put the SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle on a month ago and haven't taken it off. The frosted back shows off the Nexus logo; it's got more style than the purely clear cases, and offers good protection.
    jaytv and huntnyc like this.
    12-30-2015 11:02 AM
    I have the Speck CandyShell Grip. I'm loving it so far. Minimal bulk, raised ridges for grip, and ample cutouts for the ports and fingerprint scanner. The rubber lip around the phone already saved mine from a face first drop at home. I'm looking to get the White/Black case when back in stock on the main site.

Posted via The Premium Nexus Experience
    huntnyc and anon(2978616) like this.
    01-01-2016 11:53 AM
    I'm using the supcase unicorn beetle slim with the intelliarmor HD max tgsp. Working perfectly together. I also have the ringke fusion and poetic affinity cases but every time I use one of them it's never long before I switch back to the supcase.

jaytv likes this.
    01-01-2016 04:07 PM
    The official microfibre and Adopted clear cases are both good choices.

mumfoau likes this.
    01-02-2016 02:06 PM
    I'm using the supcase unicorn beetle slim with the intelliarmor HD max tgsp. Working perfectly together. I also have the ringke fusion and poetic affinity cases but every time I use one of them it's never long before I switch back to the supcase.

How's the grip on the Beetle? Some of the cases I have tried feel kind of rough and don't really provide much additional grip. Probably looking for almost a rubberized feel on a case.
    01-02-2016 02:12 PM
    I have the Adopted frost/clear case on my black Nexus 6P along with a tempered glass screen protector. The case is well made, but not super grippy. The tempered glass screen protector interferes with case near the side buttons. When the buttons are depressed, the case slides over the edge of the screen protector making a 'click' you can hear and feel. It would probably work better without a screen protector.

I have a Seidio Surface with holster on order. This design has proper cutouts for power/volume which should alleviate the issues I'm seeing. I used Surface cases with my previous GS3 and was very pleased. I'll post my impressions once I receive and use the Surface for a few days.
    01-03-2016 11:34 AM
    I know I have a case fetish..... I have the Google in granite, the Spigen Ultra Hybrid, Spigen Rugged Armor, the Ringke Fusion clear, and the SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle in clear.

I like the Spigen Ultra Hybrid the least - the entire glass back is exposed, not just where the camera and flash are.

The Ringke fusion clear shows off the whole phone the best, not a bad case.

The Google case is certainly nice. I like the micro fiber back, It's OK.

The Spigen Rugged Armor is a rocking case. Looks nice, good protection.

But..... I put the SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle on a month ago and haven't taken it off. The frosted back shows off the Nexus logo; it's got more style than the purely clear cases, and offers good protection.
    jaytv likes this.
    01-06-2016 05:48 PM
    After considerable study, the best Holster case for the 6P is by far the seidio. Most cases place the phone so the fingerprint reader is in the proper position only if you you are left handed and place the phone on your left side. If you put it on your right side, you must remove the phone, then flip it end for end to use it. A very few can be used on the right side but they are difficult to impossible to remove with one hand. The Seidio Holster can be used on either side and is easy to remove the phone with one hand. The fingerprint reader is right where you want it. Best buy by far if you want a Holster for the phone.
    01-06-2016 06:00 PM
    3rd time:
    I dont know if my posts are going up or not. I cant see them. Sorry if i reposted three times.

I have a google nexus nexus 6p case if you want it for free in the US.
    Give me an adress and it is yours (first adress i see, sorry if im dyslexic).

01-10-2016 05:15 AM
    I use the DGtle clear TPU thin case. And Orzly FlexiCase (thin clear TPU) recommended by SmithyUK. Both reasonably priced and available on Amazon. Regarding drop protection, they are thin cases. You only get so much at this price in this form factor. That being said, I've dropped my 6P from waist height a few times with no visible damage.
    huntnyc likes this.
    01-25-2016 07:53 PM
    I recommend the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Slim for the 6P.
    Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015X90VGK...cUvbUpU4968199

+1 Here. An amazing case, and I usually don't like much of a case at all...

Although I have several, lol...
    01-26-2016 09:51 PM
    While the speck candyshell grip is amazing, I find it difficult to remove and put on. Do you have any issues with this case? I feel like I could scratch or damage the 6p by putting it on.
    01-27-2016 11:51 PM
    I got the Supcase Unicorn Beetle slim fit.. It is a very nice case but there is really no "grip" compared to the Speck candyshell I had on my Note 4. i may have to buy the Canyshell for my 6P.
    jaytv and huntnyc like this.
    02-02-2016 09:58 AM
    I got the Rhino Shield bumper for the 6P and not too pleased with how "mushy" the buttons are. I think I might wind up switching to one of the other cases recommended here!
    02-04-2016 11:31 PM
    On the Candy Shell Grip question. I haven't had any issues with scratching or damaging. It is tight that is true. Pop out a corner first then the opposite one is the trick that works best for me.
    huntnyc likes this.
    02-10-2016 08:32 AM
31 12