Hey folks!

I'm currently rocking a Moto X 2014 and was planning on upgrading to the Nexus 6P later this year when it went on sale or when my budget allowed it. I wasn't in a huge hurry because while the moto X has left much to be desired, it is in no way a bad phone. Marshmallow added some functionality for me but also took away some features I used and slowed down my device. The Nexus 6 has been getting some huge discounts lately and I figure I can get one for roughly $50 once I sell this phone. The biggest appeals to me are wireless charging, a better camera with OIS, timely updates and a larger screen. Does anyone have experience with all 3 devices or have any input? Would it be that much of an upgrade or should I wait it out until later this year?
    01-14-2016 02:20 PM
    I have all three. I'd recommend the 6P over both combined. Everything about it is better except that it doesn't have wireless charging. We're 9 months away from the next device and the X is probably near EOL on MM; so Nexus 6 would be fine for trying to push through until the next big thing but if you're looking for something that's going to last awhile, drop the extra cash to get the 6P.
    01-14-2016 02:40 PM
    I really have enjoyed my Nexus 6. I may upgrade come November when I see what the new Nexus will bring, but if it's not that big of an upgrade from the 6P I'll keep it for another year.

As for the Nexus 6 I really enjoy the phone. The camera is not great, but it gets the job done especially in proper lighting. The screen is still good, not Note 5 quality, but I don't have any issues with it. I get around 4 1/2 screen on time with the battery at 30% brightness.

Quick Charge is great and I wouldn't buy another phone without it. I have the 64GB version and I have plenty of room, Google photos helps, plenty of storage. I haven't had any issues with lag/slowdown.

If I was in your shoes $50.00 is money well spent. Good luck!

I wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup
    01-14-2016 02:56 PM
    Where can you get the nexus 6 for $50?
    01-14-2016 04:57 PM
    Think he said after selling his moto x 2014, all he would need is $50 to complete his purchase, it's still $249.99 on amazon..

Like if he sold his phone for $200, then he just needs $50 for the rest of the purchase..

Posted via the Nexus 6 on Straight Talks AT&T sim..
    01-14-2016 05:04 PM
    Think he said after selling his moto x 2014, all he would need is $50 to complete his purchase, it's still $249.99 on amazon..

Like if he sold his phone for $200, then he just needs $50 for the rest of the purchase..

Posted via the Nexus 6 on Straight Talks AT&T sim..
    That's what happens when you don't read and comment anyway.

I wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup
    01-14-2016 06:22 PM
    While the 6P might be the better phone, I would get the N6 now and get the 6P a year from now OR just keep your X and upgrade to the 6P later this year or early next year. Here is my rationale. Back in January 2015, I bought my N6 from Google for the full price of $699 plus tax ($747). And now that same phone is $299. Did I get an extra $450 of use or value out of it this past year over my Nexus 5? HELL NO! Either get the N6 now and use it for a year and then sell it and get the 6P later or just keep your X and get the 6P when they discount it down to $250. And if you really want wireless charging, get the N6 and wait to see what the next Nexus offers.
    01-14-2016 07:01 PM
    This is a great strategy. I got an N6 on Amazon for around $250 on Black Friday--the 64MB model. Yes, I'm "behind" in devices but is that a bad thing? As an average user is it awful that I don't have a 6P? Not really. The phone has everything I need and most of what I want. You won't ever see a magical device that has it all. There is always a compromise. Furthermore we are starting to see rumors on next gen devices. Isn't the 6P already "falling behind?" Be strategic and get the N6 or wait for the predictable fall in N6P pricing...
    BartmanJax likes this.
    01-18-2016 09:01 AM