Visit site
Can anyone link me to one if there is one online would greatly appreciate it :D
I want to enable the double tap to wake feature
Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try the N6 forum on XDA Forums. The people who would be finding the rooting exploits hang out there, so the announcement and links would be there first. We'd just be pointing you to a page there.

TacoKingYo

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I've said it a few times on other posts, but I'll type it out again (cause I'm too lazy to look for them :p)

-Download adb&fastboot Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool (all versions)
-Download TWRP https://dl.twrp.me/shamu/
-move the twrp file to C:/adb (created by the adb/fastboot installation tool) and rename it twrp-recovery (or something else that's easy to remember, I will use twrp-recovery simply because that's what I use)
-open terminal or cmd
-cd C:/adb [enter]
-Now put your device in bootloader (while phone is off, hold down power button and volume down)
-fastboot devices [enter]
-Make sure something is returned
-fastboot oem unlock [enter] (heh, I'm wearing the shirt from AC right now :D )
-go through so that the bootloader is unlocked
-fastboot reboot-bootloader [enter]
-fastboot flash recovery twrp-recovery [enter]
-fastboot reboot-bootloader [enter]
-volume down twice, power button to enter Recovery

Now your bootloader is unlocked, and you can flash custom ROMs, kernels, etc :D

To get root, you're gonna have to download SuperSU (the highest-rated root app). Warning: the only versions that work with 6.0.1 are "beta," though I use them and they work fine. Generally, a lot of things that are still in "beta" are still fine to use :)

-Download SuperSU on your phone https://download.chainfire.eu/896/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.66-20160103015024.zip
-Go back to Recovery (power off -> volume down + power on, then scroll down to Recovery and press the power button to enter)
-Go to install and it should go right to your Downloads folder. Click on the SuperSU and swipe to flash
-Wipe cache/Delvik
-Reboot System

You are now rooted with your bootloader unlocked :)

WARNING: There is a difference between an unlocked bootloader and root. Please make sure you know the difference. An unlocked bootloader means that you can install things like ROMs, kernels, and .apk files, all through recovery or bootloader. Root means that you give your apps elevated permissions. However, these permissions can be dangerous. Make sure you only give root permissions to apps and such that you trust. Not doing so can cause very bad stuff to happen. Make sure you know what you're doing. :)

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
If you are rooted, you can't take OTA. You can download the factory images and flash the latest build, and then, re-root. Just remember to keep your bootloader unlocked.

TacoKingYo

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I will try that thank you!

Is it easy to unroot?
Will I have to unroot to get update? Ota's?

Posted via the Android Central App

Not sure if you were talking about my method or the Wugfresh method. Assuming you're using my method...

Yes, it is easy to unroot. Just go to SuperSU and under settings there should be an option to fully unroot. This can reboot your phone once or twice so don't worry if it does that (unless it takes about half an hour in which case re-flash everything). Chainfire said it should take no more than 20 minutes but I've only seen it get finished in about a minute. Now, if you mean re-lock your bootloader, that's also easy. Make sure everything is stock (twrp isn't flashed, etc). Then go back into bootloader and hook up adb and type in: fastboot oem lock [enter]. This will re-lock your bootloader should you have to return your phone for some reason.

You will have to unroot your phone to get OTA's. However, your bootloader can be unlocked. As mentioned above, just select full unroot under SuperSU's settings. I typically just repeat the process I mentioned above, though, because sometimes I don't get the OTA right away.

If you already did unlock your bootloader and root, then I hope you're enjoying the new possibilities! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'd suggest not locking your bootloader. In case of any OS issues or bootloops, you have hope if your bootloader is unlocked. If your BL is locked, and if your "enable OEM Unlock" flag is not enabled in the OS, you may be left with a unusable phone.
@op - I do recommend using fastboot (like TacoKingYo suggested). Toolkits usually work, but if things go wrong, you will not know what to do to fix it. Use fastboot, understand what you are doing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2