Stop scrolling wallpaper??

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have the marshmallow update. Put my first wallpaper on the phone but it scrolls and I hate that. How do I disable scroll.

Posted via the Android Central App

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have the marshmallow update. Put my first wallpaper on the phone but it scrolls and I hate that. How do I disable scroll.

Use a wallpaper that is in portrait mode instead of landscape.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
What launcher do you recommend. I don't want to root anything. A launcher is probably easier than messing with apps.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I installed Nova Launcher and can use my photos now for easy wallpaper setup with out scrolling. How do I crop it though if I want to, before setting as the wallpaper.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I use Nova as well and the crop option is a bit different. Long press on the home screen, wallpaper, pick image, select your gallery app, search for the picture you want to set and select it. Then pinch in & out with two fingers to zoom the picture and tap & hold to move it around. You can always crop the picture in your gallery app before you set it as wallpaper.

Agniban Goswami

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
Crop the wallpaper in device size (portrait). You may use Adobe Photoshop Express or similar editing app where the free size crop option is available, if you are not sure of the proportion of crop.
Go to Settings| Display| Wallpaper to select the photo (saved to Gallery). By pinching gesture you may zoom in the picture to fit to screen if a zoomed version of the original comes by default. Set Wallpaper and you are done.

MiniCali

Nov 29, 2017
Visit site
Hi!!! I think I just figured it out! When you are in the "use as" wallpaper screen, use your 2 fingers to "zoom in or out" and then hit "set wallpaper". Please let me know if this works for you.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles