How do I take take screenshots on my Nexus 6 Marshmallow?

The Hulkinator

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
Taking Screenshots on Nexus 6 Marshmallow

Hi Everyone. I just switched from and iPhone 6 Plus to a Nexus 6 because everyone told me how open android is compared to iOS and I have the freedom to do anything. After using Marshmallow on my Nexus 6, I am very impressed, however I used to be able to easily take screenshots of my iPhone no matter whatever app I was in. Using my Nexus, it seems I am limited to where I can take a screen shot. For example, when I want to take a screenshot of my recent transactions in my Chase Mobile Bank Account, it will not let me. Can someone please help?

PkPaulo

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Taking Screenshots on Nexus 6 Marshmallow

What do you mean it wont let you? What message do you get or notification???

The Hulkinator

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site

I get a notification saying Couldn't capture screenshot. Can't take screenshot due to limited storage space, or it isn't allowed by the app or your organization. I also tried third party apps and when I look at the pictures in the photo gallery, it is just black.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I get a notification saying Couldn't capture screenshot. Can't take screenshot due to limited storage space, or it isn't allowed by the app or your organization. I also tried third party apps and when I look at the pictures in the photo gallery, it is just black.

Pretty sure that's Chase not allowing screen shots to be made.
Same thing happens to me by the way .
They aren't the only ones either.
That block screen shots

Last edited:

danielson2047

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I've never heard of this before. How are you taking the screenshot?

Posted via the Android Central App

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

Hi Everyone. I just switched from and iPhone 6 Plus to a Nexus 6 because everyone told me how open android is compared to iOS and I have the freedom to do anything. After using Marshmallow on my Nexus 6, I am very impressed, however I used to be able to easily take screenshots of my iPhone no matter whatever app I was in. Using my Nexus, it seems I am limited to where I can take a screen shot. For example, when I want to take a screenshot of my recent transactions in my Chase Mobile Bank Account, it will not let me. Can someone please help?

Power button low volume button together.

ejordan

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
That block screen shots

Yeah, this is a Chase-specific thing. For security reasons, I'd assume, but no way to get around that. Otherwise, you can screenshot the way you've been with the Power Button + Low Volume Button.

Edit: Somehow didn't see the post above me, sorry! The other option with Marshmallow is to hold down the Home button (the middle circle on the bottom of your screen) until Google on Tap opens, then tap the bottom left "Share" icon.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
That block screen shots
While I don't have anything with Chase, I also have apps that don't allow screenshots.

The email app, I use for my work email, doesn't allow screenshots.

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Same here, my utility provider has an app and when I've made a transaction with it, should I want a screen shot of their reference number in the app, it declines this. It's the only application I've used whereby this has happened. However their confirmation email contains the same reference number so it's not a loss.

It's quite a secure feature that they use to be honest

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
While I don't have anything with Chase, I also have apps that don't allow screenshots.

The email app, I use for my work email, doesn't allow screenshots.

I have three bank accounts the three of them don't allow screenshots, which is a good thing.

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

Stopping interceptions of information maybe. Perhaps if your screenshot was uploaded to the cloud and it was intercepted or hacked and the prevention of making secure data become insecure

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs