Ambient display and battery

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just weather in for everyone that is rooted on the forums with their Nexus 6, I heard that he display and use the LED light flow application it'll save some battery power. At least that's what Google says. Has anyone tried this? If so, what are your thoughts? Thank you for your input.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Ambient display doesn't drain the battery much. Light flow on rooted N6 doesn't always work properly. Much better on custom ROM like Pure Nexus that has built in LED notifications.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Ambient display doesn't drain the battery much. Light flow on rooted N6 doesn't always work properly. Much better on custom ROM like Pure Nexus that has built in LED notifications.
Mmm really? Well I guess I shall go back to ambient display then . Lol

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm liking ambiant display more than the led from my nexus4. Makes me wish my next phone won't have an led.

Posted via the Android Central App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm liking ambiant display more than the led from my nexus4. Makes me wish my next phone won't have an led.

Posted via the Android Central App
Yeah. I realize in fact that last night when I finally disable the LED notification light and went back to the stock amp in this way it might use a little bit of battery life but it's worth it because I love and being displayed. It pulses notifications perfect land of screen and then I can choose or not to light up the entire screen it just works out perfectly especially when I unholster my phone from my waist it lights up the time quickly which I love.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I use ambient and LED. As far as ambient using battery, it's so little that it's not worth worrying about.
So wait I'm sorry you use the ambient display and the LED notification light? You don't find that to be a little overkill? Lol I mean I was thinking of that myself but I haven't done so yet.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
So wait I'm sorry you use the ambient display and the LED notification light? You don't find that to be a little overkill? Lol I mean I was thinking of that myself but I haven't done so yet.

How is it overkill? If I miss a call, the led stays on and is a red color. The ambient display doesn't stay on. The led makes it easier to see what I've missed at a glance. I have red led for missed calls, blue for notifications, and green for voice mail. Useful if you ask me. And sometimes ambient is useful when I'm holding the phone in my hand, so I can see exactly what is happening. No big deal.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
How is it overkill? If I miss a call, the led stays on and is a red color. The ambient display doesn't stay on. The led makes it easier to see what I've missed at a glance. I have red led for missed calls, blue for notifications, and green for voice mail. Useful if you ask me. And sometimes ambient is useful when I'm holding the phone in my hand, so I can see exactly what is happening. No big deal.
I mean yes that is also very true. What's on sale just never thought of it like that. Maybe I will run both types of notifications.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2