T-Mobile WiFi Calling causing WiFi instability on school network (PEAP & MSCHAPV2)

zerrisk

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm on T-Mobile and whenever WiFi calling is enabled, it causes my WiFi to disconnect and reconnect every 5 seconds but when it is off, I have a stable connection. Is there a workaround this? My school has fixed the TLS 1.2 issue related to PEAP and MSCHAPV2 connections from (https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=188867) already as I pointed that out to them, and we could never figure out why I was still getting disconnected until now.

Note that connecting to my own home WiFi or an open "Guest" connection at school is fine, but one that requires my school account login has this problem.

Thank you!

EDIT: This issue has persisted in Android 6.0 to 6.0.1, but was not prevalent to the T-Mobile specific builds of 5.1.1.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the school is using TKIP or TKIP+AES encryption, that can also cause problems. Some implementations stray too near the edge of the spec. (Not naming names, but the one that runs almost all of the internet is one of the worst offenders.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith