Having trouble with the stock camera app, can I get some help?

Zenith49

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Having trouble with the stock camera app

I have an N6 that I bought used a few months ago. It's currently running 6.0.1. Today, I was taking some video outdoors using the stock app and the camera would go out of focus for no reason. Sometimes when I focused on something in the distance, it would refocus and sometimes not. I would have to stop the video and start again only for it to go out of focus again later.

So, I'm thinking that there is probably another camera app out there that would work better?

Looking for suggestions.
TIA
LT

danielson2047

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Having trouble with the stock camera app

Mine was having issues focusing and finally had enough. Warranty claim and new phone yesterday. Just make sure you check "oem unlocking" in dev settings before relocking your bootloader on the one you're sending back ;)

Posted via the Android Central App

Zenith49

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

I think so as the video before the unfocussing is fine. But I'll give it a swipe anyway.

Thanks
LT

Zenith49

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Mine was having issues focusing and finally had enough. Warranty claim and new phone yesterday. Just make sure you check "oem unlocking" in dev settings before relocking your bootloader on the one you're sending back ;)

Posted via the Android Central App

I haven't rooted the phone, so no worries.

Thanks,
LT

Zenith49

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

I tried 'a better camera' and it also lost focus after awhile of video-ing, so I suppose my problem is hardware not software.

Thanks for all your help
LT

Zenith49

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

I went to Motorola's website and they seem willing to sent me a replacement under warranty. They'll even send me a replacement first and for $25 and then decide if the repair is going to cost me or not. I'm very surprised at this as I'm not the original owner. Is this normal?

LT

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

I went to Motorola's website and they seem willing to sent me a replacement under warranty. They'll even send me a replacement first and for $25 and then decide if the repair is going to cost me or not. I'm very surprised at this as I'm not the original owner. Is this normal?

LT
Yup. You don't need to be the original owner for warranty replacement. My replacement N6 was brand new in sealed original box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke