Nexus 6 Still Worth It?

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I currently have an unlocked 2015 Moto G on T-Mobile. In most situations, the service with this phone is really good. However, at my office, the signal is dead. My wife recently bought a Note 5 through T-Mo and she is able to receive and send texts/calls on WiFi. This will help me out greatly as T-Mo does not allow WiFi calling on unlocked phones. So now I'm looking for a phone. I've mainly only owned Moto phones since the OG Droid. Since Moto only sells unlocked, they are not an option for me anymore.

After looking at T-Mo's current phone line up, nothing looks intriguing to me. I did notice that T-Mo offers a certified Nexus 6 online. This will allow the WiFi calling I'm looking for. But the N6 is over a year old. So is the N6 still relevant? Is it still worth to buy? Or should I be patient and see what 2016 brings? Thanks for you help/input.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It's still good and it'll see Android N. Obviously there are better devices, but that might be one of the best devices T-Mobile sells direct.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Definitely still good. I plan to get a whole 2 years from mine which will be a first for me, though I can't speak to TMo experience.
And don't pay a fortune for a new one from TMo. You snag a new one for around 350 and occasional sale for 250. Used ones should be no more than 200. I just saw one good condition for 120 and seriously thinking of getting it for my kid to play on.
You will have to read about it and flash the TMo compatible image to make sure you have that wifi calling, but after that updates should come normally. And flashing is pretty straightforward with official Nexus images.

Posted via the Android Central App

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, the N6 is still worth it, especially if you can get a good deal. Pretty good build quality, excellent front speakers, great battery life on Marshmallow, wireless and turbo charging and performance is comparable to many current flagships. You can get a like new 64 GB N6 from Amazon warehouse deals for 250-300.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
IMO, if you can get it for well under $300, it's still worth it now.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I'm still split on getting it or not.

I still think it's the best bang for the buck phone you can get. I like it so much that I'm going to keep mine until the 2017 Nexus phone comes out, then get a new 2016 at half price. Remember, it has the fastest clock speed cpu available for a phone. Even the new 64bit cpu's aren't as fast. It will be a fast, relevant phone for a long time.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
It is a superb phone and the best phone I have owned, I only got mine recently and it has really shocked me how good it is and the display is amazing get one you will be chuffed.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I just bought one. Hope to get it by this weekend. Thanks for all of your inputs. I'm hoping it'll be a good replacement for my 3rd Gen Moto G.

ddonahueiup

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I got the phone in January, and it's the best phone i ever had. I never thought i would use a phone this big, but after a month i got use to the size. This is my first nexus experience out if plenty of other manufacturers before and by for my favorite. Even though i totally got use to the lg 2 back button, haha. Go for it, i got a 64 gb on amazon for 300

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie