It's March. Still no OTA to Marshmallow

Air pirate

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Leoravis, I think the OP WILL get the update at some point. I have an original ATT N6 that I am using on Verizon. I finally got the update a couple of weeks ago. It showed up as the monthly security update, but after the download finished, it was indeed the basic Marshmallow build.

berrygood909

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
So I am trying again. But I think among other issues that I did not download the correct flash image. Also, I have no problem resetting or doing stuff manually as my phone is not in use I am have been using my one plus. Where is the OTA for the LMY48Y version?

which one of these is it?
Android 6.0 MRA58K from 5.1.1 LMY48T

Android 6.0 MRA58K from 5.1.1 LYZ28M

Last edited:

Air pirate

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Neither of these. I see there is LMY48Y to LMY48Z but you will need a 6.0x after that. Since you don't rely on this phone for work or daily use you should flash the Marshmallow factory image, NOT the OTA update or just wait, and you will get the OTA. Flashing the factory image takes a few minutes the first time but you will see that it is easy after that.

berrygood909

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Neither of these. I see there is LMY48Y to LMY48Z but you will need a 6.0x after that. Since you don't rely on this phone for work or daily use you should flash the Marshmallow factory image, NOT the OTA update or just wait, and you will get the OTA. Flashing the factory image takes a few minutes the first time but you will see that it is easy after that.

Where are good instructions for flashing? And where is the correct family image?

When I attempted to install the OTA, my issued came with coand prompt with location of files. When I opened command prompt. It has c:\users\mycomputerusername and the instructions expected SDK tools to be there. However the the files were saves at c:\android/SDK tools or something like that. How do I change that in command prompt. Thanks for the responses so far.

It seems finding the correct image file may be most important.

Posted via the Android Central App

leoravus

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Leoravis, I think the OP WILL get the update at some point. I have an original ATT N6 that I am using on Verizon. I finally got the update a couple of weeks ago. It showed up as the monthly security update, but after the download finished, it was indeed the basic Marshmallow build.

If he hasn't gotten any updates since November I doubt he'll get the OTA or anything else with that ATT build. We get security updates every month and he hasn't gotten any since switching carriers.

OP you want the latest Marshmallow factory image MMB29V under the "shamu" section on the google developer site. It's the one I flashed a few days ago.

I followed the instructions here and had to manually do the stuff under "ADB problems" before it worked:

It won't let me post links since I don't have enough posts. But google androidpit.com for flashing instructions.

Youngunn

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Seriously just use wug nexus tool kit. If your kinda nooby it'll make it painless as it automatically selects the right software for your phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

berrygood909

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Finding the software doesn't seem to be my issue. It's my windows 7 laptop recognizing it. I saved everything. Although, I swear when I unzipped a file that was said to be necessary was not in there. Unfortunately, I am stuck and can't find a laptop to try installing the drivers on again. I really wanted to update and just get rid of it but can't. I won't be able to do it until May possibly.

Also, is there a way to update that will get me or a future user automatic updates. I would feel guilty selling this phone to a user who like me, thinks the phone is going to get OTA update, when in fact it won't.

P.S sorry for the late reply, I signed up for this account back in the Blackberry days and I no longer get email messages even though I have it checked off. This doesn't seem like the busiest forum though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz