Switching from the iPhone 6 Plus to the Nexus 6

ctt1wbw

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
So I just ordered a brand new in box never opened Nexus 6. I'm currently using an iPhone 6 Plus. I know this is going to sound nuts, but the 6 Plus is too small for me. Either my hands are getting bigger or my eyes are getting worse. My eyes are getting worse. I just got bifocals last year, so yeah.

I know the Nexus 6 is about a year old or so right? But my main concern was getting the largest screen size I could. Memory and RAM are not a primary concern as I don't keep movies and stuff on the phone. But I really wanted a Nexus again (I used to own a Nexus 7) so I could get Marshmallow and soon Android N.

So yeah, I'm pretty freaking giddy right now.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Grats. It's still an awesome phone. I have it and it's brother the 6P as my daily drivers right now. Did you see that the N preview is available?

ctt1wbw

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Grats. It's still an awesome phone. I have it and it's brother the 6P as my daily drivers right now. Did you see that the N preview is available?

Yeah I did. It looks super sweet as does Marshmallow. I'm sure when I get it I'll have to update it to 6.0. And I was considering signing up for the public beta of N.

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
So I just ordered a brand new in box never opened Nexus 6. I'm currently using an iPhone 6 Plus. I know this is going to sound nuts, but the 6 Plus is too small for me. Either my hands are getting bigger or my eyes are getting worse. My eyes are getting worse. I just got bifocals last year, so yeah.

I know the Nexus 6 is about a year old or so right? But my main concern was getting the largest screen size I could. Memory and RAM are not a primary concern as I don't keep movies and stuff on the phone. But I really wanted a Nexus again (I used to own a Nexus 7) so I could get Marshmallow and soon Android N.

So yeah, I'm pretty freaking giddy right now.

I'm on 6.0.1 marshmallow on my N6 and loving it, I went from IOS 6 years ago to Android, and loving my N6.
Good luck!

Posted via the Android Central App

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
N6 is awesome but phone is same size but the screen is bigger. Mine still works flawless

Posted via the Android Central App

ctt1wbw

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
So it showed up today. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. So much nicer than my 6 Plus. And do you realize how long it takes to update a sealed Nexus 6 from Android 5 to 6.0.1 OTA? Wow! Anyway, I love it.

ctt1wbw

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome back from The Dark Side. ;)
If you have not already, check this out for the transition: Switch to Android

Mav. :cool:

Thanks for that link, but I did all that last week. Just to get ahead of the game. Maybe you could point me in the right direction for the best youtube video of getting used to Marshmallow. I can't seem to find one that isn't 8 months old.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that link, but I did all that last week. Just to get ahead of the game. Maybe you could point me in the right direction for the best youtube video of getting used to Marshmallow. I can't seem to find one that isn't 8 months old.

What concerns are you having with MM?

Mav. :cool:

Jason Gilbert

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I think I already know, but what made you switch from the 950XL? I have an 830 that's due to be updated soon and I'm considering the N6 or the 950/950XL.

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I think I already know, but what made you switch from the 950XL? I have an 830 that's due to be updated soon and I'm considering the N6 or the 950/950XL.

Software.
Crashes/glitches were the norm.
Over time it would obviously improve. With it's return window I had to make a choice.
My choice was to wait for MS to get the kinks out.
Camera was great, really great....
With Nexus 6 as backup, it made the choice pretty painless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781