Hello! I recently subscribed to the Android N developer release in an attempt to give the new OS a test run. I really enjoy it and plan to continue to use it as much as I can for the next few months. The problem I have is that I also signed up for Project Fi through Google and it is not compatible with Android N "yet". Is there any way to revert back to Marshmallow? I have tried sideloading recent shamu files and nothing seems to work. It will not unlock the bootloader because I believe the device is defaulting to "USB charge only" when it starts in fastboot. I can get into the recovery section and can sideload through ADB, but it still reverts back to Android N Beta as soon as I restart. I have opted out of the Beta because it says you would be sent an OTA update to the recent released version of Android. That was 4 days ago.
    03-14-2016 10:35 PM
    Email the beta program I got mine right away

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-15-2016 03:42 PM
    What email did you use? I also requested to go back to m but haven't received it

03-15-2016 04:08 PM
    From Test on a Device | Android Developers

Un-enroll the device from Android Beta Program. If the device is enrolled in the Android Beta Program, regardless of device, you can simply un-enroll it from the program.
    The device will receive an OTA update to the most recent production version of Android available for that device (for example, Android 6.0 Marshmallow). The update requires a full device reset, so user data on the device will be removed. Make sure to back up important data before un-enrolling a device.
    Note: Uninstalling a Developer Preview system image prior to the end of the program requires a full device reset and removes all user data on the device.

so, to summarize, just un-enroll the device from the Beta program - you should get an OTA back to marshmallow

Edit: oops - looks like you already tried that. Doh!

You wrote "It will not unlock the bootloader because I believe the device is defaulting to "USB charge only" when it starts in fastboot." - are you confusing between fastboot and ADB? In fastboot, you should see any USB charge only option, because your phone is not booted into Android. You need to be in bootloader mode (from complete power off, press and hold Volume Down + Power)
    03-16-2016 04:24 PM
    I just opted out had update in 10 minutes

03-16-2016 10:45 PM
    In the future, you should have your bootloader unlocked when trying beta builds. This gives a near-certain way of having a way out should anything happen

Posted via my smexy Nexus 6
    jj14x likes this.
    03-16-2016 11:26 PM
    In the future, you should have your bootloader unlocked when trying beta builds.
    Was that even an option for people who signed up to get the OTA?
    (I truly don't know. I just signed up and less-than-wisely read next to nothing.)
    Doesn't the bootloader need to be locked for an OTA download to install?
    03-17-2016 02:18 PM
    (I truly don't know. I just signed up and less-than-wisely read next to nothing.)

Bootloader status doesn't impact OTA in any way.
    Note: Unlocking (or locking) the bootloader wipes the data (similar to factory reset) on the Nexus 6.
    03-18-2016 08:21 AM
    No, an unlocked bootloader should not have any effect on OTA updates. Root, however, does prevent OTA updates.

Posted via my smexy Nexus 6
    03-18-2016 06:11 PM
    First off, I'm on Project Fi, and the Android N beta worked fine with Project Fi for me (Nexus 6P). Unenrolling was painless for me, just followed the "unenroll" link here:

https://www.google.com/android/beta

The worst part of trying out the beta was getting all my settings back to where they were before I tried it, when I decided to come back to Android M. When you unenroll, the OTA that you get is essentially a ground zero start (factory reset). Then restoring from google gets you all your apps back, but not all their settings. And then you have to go through the phone's settings and make sure everything's set up as you like it. Didn't take that long, but almost made me wish I'd stayed with the beta *smile*. Or that I was rooted so that I could just restore a nandroid backup.

But it was an interesting process, and Android N looks like it's going to be good.
    03-19-2016 06:52 PM