do not disturb - weird stuff with whatsapp

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
My phone is currently on priority only (through an automatic rule). In priority, I only allow messages and calls from starred contacts. Moreover, I have no app that is treated as priority.

So the weird thing is that with all that, a friend called me on whatsapp and it rang - and he is not even in my starred contacts (even though I doubt this rule should apply to whatsapp calls).

I'm clearly not happy with that because I don't want something to be able to disturb me in the middle of the night unless it is a family member calling me on the phone.

Anyone experience something similar?

wing2299

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the similar setting as auto priority mode DND from 11pm ~ 6am.I was expecting an urgent message on WA last night and had turned on the notification. The phone rings 5am in the morning twice.

Johnsongreen2

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
My phone is currently on priority only (through an automatic rule). In priority, I only allow messages and calls from starred contacts. Moreover, I have no app that is treated as priority.

So the weird thing is that with all that, a friend called me on whatsapp and it rang - and he is not even in my starred contacts (even though I doubt this rule should apply to whatsapp calls).

I'm clearly not happy with that because I don't want something to be able to disturb me in the middle of the night unless it is a family member calling me on the phone.

I've noticed the same problem! It's 4am right now I'm trying to find a fix. I have S6 and the thing is, Do Not Disturb USED to block out WhatApp text and calls. Then suddenly since last week it has stopped doing this. I'm not getting wa calls and wa text all night fml.

Why aren't more people finding this a problem!!! I don't want WA pings all night. How to fix !?!?!?!?!?!? (Don't say factory reset) Have you managed to sort it out?

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed the same problem! It's 4am right now I'm trying to find a fix. I have S6 and the thing is, Do Not Disturb USED to block out WhatApp text and calls. Then suddenly since last week it has stopped doing this. I'm not getting wa calls and wa text all night fml.

Why aren't more people finding this a problem!!! I don't want WA pings all night. How to fix !?!?!?!?!?!? (Don't say factory reset) Have you managed to sort it out?

In the end I cut all sounds from WhatsApp notifications, but it's not my main chat service so I can live with that. Not a real solution though.

Posted via the Android Central App

salamandro

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

salamandro

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Same here with android 6.0.1 on the S7. It's so wrong that DND mode (or whatsapp, I don't know if it happens with other apps but I think not) that if you set the notification volume to mute then the alarm doesn't sound either. What I do is to manually set the whatsapp notification sound to silent meanwhile and just let the led light enabled.

Thomastursh

Apr 10, 2019
Visit site
Whatsapp Calls Constantly Disturb us at times that are inappropriate, even unsafe such as Driving, please sign this petition to make sure Whatsapp honours the Do Not Disturb option on our Mobile phones or it introduces its own Do Not Disturb option

Petition Link: http://chng.it/7TsfdP8S

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel