Nexus 6 and GPS navigation

switchermoe

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I am considering replacing my Samsung Note 4 with the Nexus 6 due to horrible GPS issues with the Note 4. I read a while ago that the Motorola phones have really great GPS radios.
Can any Nexus 6 owners comment on the GPS lock on the phones. I need a good phone with great GPS reception as I depend on this feature for my job. Any feedback is great appreciated even if its a suggestion for a different phone.
Thanks!!!

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I had a GS4 and had similar problems with GPS. Long waits to get satellite locks, frequent loss of GPS signal, etc.
The N6 has shown none of these problems. Lock is almost instantaneous by comparison. Have not had any dropouts at all.

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
GPS locks are very quick on the Nexus 6 and 7 (main GPS device for me)

I do notice that, without data connection being on, the nexus 6 does lose connectivity at times. This has never happened to my Nexus 7 though.

Nexus 7 '13.... Android M

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
One more thumbs up. GPS was quick and stable on MM during a recent road trip and equally good closer to home on N. No idea if the GPS's working over cell or BT, but I had no dropouts.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
GPS is great. Locks fast and accurate and often even works indoors.

The compass though is usually 90 to 180 degrees off for me. Flipping the phone around in a calibration pattern usually gets it reasonable, but seems necessary every time which just isn't practical. Fortunately Google maps navigation uses the route for heading.

Posted via the Android Central App

moke

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Went from Pueblo CO to Lawton OK via Dalhart TX recently and had no issues.

Signal was good too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37