security update issue?

sk8mdw

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nexus 6, marshmallow, Project Fi, and Feb security level. My phone connects to my work WiFi every day when I walk in the office.

I was on the phone this morning at my desk and the call hung up; I looked down and my phone was in airplane mode. I figured that my ear touched the screen and changed things. Then my phone rebooted, and when it came up for just a second I saw the screen that says optimizing apps, but that went away almost immediately.

I checked and I had indeed received the March security update. But now, my phone will not connect to my work WiFI, and instead of getting a good Sprint signal at my desk, I am on 3g.

I have my personal chromebook at my desk, and it is connected to my work WiFi with no issues at all. So it looks to me like all of the sudden my phone has issues.

If the security update loaded but apps didn't get optimized, could this point to other issues as well? This has been a completely problem-free phone. I have of course restarted my phone several times; still can't connect to WiFi.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nexus 6, marshmallow, Project Fi, and Feb security level. My phone connects to my work WiFi every day when I walk in the office.

I was on the phone this morning at my desk and the call hung up; I looked down and my phone was in airplane mode. I figured that my ear touched the screen and changed things. Then my phone rebooted, and when it came up for just a second I saw the screen that says optimizing apps, but that went away almost immediately.

I checked and I had indeed received the March security update. But now, my phone will not connect to my work WiFI, and instead of getting a good Sprint signal at my desk, I am on 3g.

I have my personal chromebook at my desk, and it is connected to my work WiFi with no issues at all. So it looks to me like all of the sudden my phone has issues.

If the security update loaded but apps didn't get optimized, could this point to other issues as well? This has been a completely problem-free phone. I have of course restarted my phone several times; still can't connect to WiFi.

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried flashing a fresh image on to the phone. I believe you can do it without losing your data.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
You can try a couple of things.
  1. In settings/WiFi, forget the connection and reconnect to it.
  2. If that doesn't work, go to Settings > Backup and reset > Network settings reset

Greg Wilkins

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I just got an Ota for 6.0.1 and I'm already on 6.0.1, at work so can't download to see, anyone else get that?

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc