Orico 10,000mAh external battery

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick review of the Orico 10,000mAh external battery if anyone is looking at this battery pack.

I went with the Orico because of price, size, and USB-C port. They go for $29 on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B018VK1TAU...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5112536

Specs of the Orico
-10,000 mAh polymer cell
-151mm x 76mm x 14mm @ about 260grams
-Inputs-Micro USB @ 5V/2.4A, USB-C @ 5V/2.4A
-Outputs-USB @ 5V/2.4A, USB-C @ 5V/2.4A
-LED indicators - 1(25%), 2(50%), 3(75%), 4(100%)
-Includes a USB to Mirco USB cable

The finish on the Orico is amazing. I like it and it gives it a premium feel and minor scratches should not be easily visible on this finish. This is a basic unit without the flashlight and it's just a simple charger. There are 4 LED indicator to see what the charge is on the battery pack. This does not have Quick Charge so if you are looking for this, this is not the one for you.
IMG_1038.jpg

Size
This is very similar to the Nexus 6P for length and width but it's a little bit thicker then the Nexus 6P. For those who do not know, the 6P is very similar to the iPhone 6+. I went with this because I want a more compact design and I do sacrifice capacity but at 10,000mAh, it's enough for me. I had a 5000mAh one and never had an issue of it running out on me and I want something small and has USB-C and this fits the bill. I do not care much about Rapid charging as most times I'm using it, I'm on a plane. Even with my previous charger at 5V/2.4A, I was able to charge it and use my phone and still shows a charge. Plus this was is also $30 which is about half the price of others that offer USB-C @ 5V/3A.

IMG_1044.jpgIMG_1046.jpgIMG_1048.jpg

Inputs/Outputs
Inputs-It has a MicroUSB and USB-C for inputs. Both will charge up to 5V @2.4A. Users that have the 5x/6p, it will charge but will not take full advantage of the 3A the charger throws out.I haven't ran enough cycles to test out if it charges any faster but I will assume it's a no since both ports accept the same power requirements.
Outputs-It has a full size USB and USB-C for outputs and both can charge to a maximum of 5V @ 2.4A. There is a no quick charge function or rapid charge for Nexus 5x/6P users. From a quick charge when I tested it out last night, it can go up to 2560mah and the screen will show "Rapid Charging" with the Google supplied USB C cable but using the Amerage app, it shows it will take about 2 hours to fully charge which is what I see with a 2.4A wall charger at the battery level I saw. I will assume on the Nexus 5x/6p, once it sees a certain amperage then it shows Rapid Charging even if it's slightly over but I could be wrong. I just thought there was a chip on the wall charger that says I'm a 5V/3A wall charger using USB-C so I can charge rapidly.

The USB-C on this unit acts as a input and output.
IMG_1042.jpgIMG_1043.jpg

UPDATE (April 9, 2016) - Ran my phone down and I was able to get a good read. It varied between 1700ma to 2260ma most of the time with a MIN of 970ma and a MAX of 2560ma. MIN and MAX readings were initial readings but once it stabled out, I never saw readings like that. It also charges at 1%/min when the phone wasn't in use. This is what I normally see with my 2.4A wall charger. Phone was at 10% and I let it charge for 25 minutes and my phone was at 37% after I took it off the charger. Phone still says RAPID CHARGING but I'm not sure why. If it was rapid charging, my phone would be close to 45% at this point. Maybe soemone can chime in on that. I'm assuming since it's a USB-C to USB-C cable. I also used the cable Google supplied.

UPDATE (April 10, 2016) - I was about to charge my Nexus 6P from 15% to 70%, iPad Air2 from 30% to 95%, and my iPhone 5c from 22% to 77% and the battery pack 1 LED indicator which would be it had about 1-25%. I then charge the battery pack overnight and it was still Charing when I woke up. It took about 11 hours to full charge it with a 5v/2.4A charger.

Last edited:

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I haven't ran my phone down all the way but if it's like a wall outlet throwing out 5V/2.4A, I would estimate a couple of hours.

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
What screen protector is that? I have one but I noticed yours covers the front camera, I like that.

*6P 64gb Graphite (AT&T)*
*iPad Air 2 64gb Space Gray (AT&T)*

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What screen protector is that? I have one but I noticed yours covers the front camera, I like that.

*6P 64gb Graphite (AT&T)*
*iPad Air 2 64gb Space Gray (AT&T)*
Intelliarmor Case Friendly version. They have a full version too but this one gives a small gap so cases are not an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton