Google photos

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
When switching between photos and device folders is it a slow process for anyone else using Google photos?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No problem here.

Posted via the Android Central App
I don't know, it just seems like whenever I go from my photos to the device folders section of Google photos app, it takes a couple of minutes where should only take me 10 seconds. I do clear the app out of recent history or Ram, but it doesn't seem to help at all.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I haven't noticed any lag time between Photos and Device Folders either. Maybe you need to pare down the number of photos stored on your phone? Or the number of different folders you're syncing with Photos?

Last edited:

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't know, it just seems like whenever I go from my photos to the device folders section of Google photos app, it takes a couple of minutes where should only take me 10 seconds. I do clear the app out of recent history or Ram, but it doesn't seem to help at all.

Clearing the RAM out of recent history is not going to help anyway - that is making the OS reload the app when you open it again (though reloading the app shouldn't any noticeable time at all).
I'll second what quelquehomme stated - do you have a lot of photos stored on your phone?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Clearing the RAM out of recent history is not going to help anyway - that is making the OS reload the app when you open it again (though reloading the app shouldn't any noticeable time at all).
I'll second what quelquehomme stated - do you have a lot of photos stored on your phone?
Well I figured by clearing it out of RAM and reload the app yes and maybe make it work faster. I have a ton of photos on my phone but it shouldn't matter though

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm not certain, but I suspect the number of photos will matter - because when you switch to "on device", the OS has to find all those photos, and draw the thumbnails for them on your screen.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not certain, but I suspect the number of photos will matter - because when you switch to "on device", the OS has to find all those photos, and draw the thumbnails for them on your screen.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
. So I realize that. I'm going to try to offload some of my movies that are on my phone.