I would like some recommendations on In Ear Headphones that work and sound good with the Nexus 6p.

My price point is $100 or under. These will be for general use, listening to music, taking phone calls, etc.

What do you like?

Thanks,

Rick

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-18-2016 09:29 PM
    My suggestions is over $100 only because that is what I've used and loved. I have the Bose mIE3 and it works great. I use those for running, yard work, truck work, at work, airplane, general audio usage, and I sometimes sleep with them no. No issues at all with them but they are $150. But comfortable as hell.

I also have skullcandy that I use that are crap. Audio from it sounds decent but always falls out when moving around a lot.

Klipsch R6i is another highly recommended one that seems to get great reviews so those might be worth a shot.
    04-19-2016 10:33 PM
    I can recommend the Shure SE215 sound isolating earphones. They sound great, block background noise and includes a detachable cable. I've seen them on Amazon for $98.
    04-19-2016 10:51 PM
    04-20-2016 07:29 PM
    I use the Panasonic ErogoFit because at under $15, I can have a backup pair just in case. The $100 price point for earbuds has always been strange to me. I've lost too many pairs, mostly.
    04-21-2016 03:22 PM
    Thanks all, will check out all the recommendations. I have Bose QC15's that I use for travel. I have considered Bose QC20's but not sure if I want to spend that much coin.

I will also in the meantime get some Comply tips.

04-21-2016 03:37 PM
    So I looked at the QC20 and listened to them and they work as well as the QC15. I have the QC15 and I love them but $300 price tag for QC20 is way too much.
    I ended up trying a few and got ShureSE215 but they do not have the mic on it so I can only use them for audio. When comparing them to the QC15, the QC15 wins in terms of sound cancellation/isolation. The SE215 with foam tips is a close runner up. Shure sounds much better throughout the range of audio so it takes the win over the QC15.

But I use the Bose because it goes in my ears easily so taking them off and putting it back on is easy. And if I get sweat in it, it's no issue for the Bose.
    04-21-2016 07:33 PM
    Thanks RChan,

I use the Bose for my commute to Boston on the plane, but want the new ear buds for conference calls, hotels, etc.

I will check out the Shure's, they make a mic version but it is at $150 price point. It may be worth it though.

Rick

04-22-2016 08:52 AM
    I didn't know they have a mic version. Might be a good alternative. It's over your $100 but it's worth it.

I started to leave the QC15s at home for all my travels now and been strictly using Shure and I love them. Bose mIE2 works great too but doesn't cancel/isolate much noise so airplane use is so-so.
    04-22-2016 04:21 PM
    If you want earphones made specifically for Android so that all the buttons work flawlessly, the Xiaomi In-Ear Pro earphones are great. They are under $30 and if you Google them, almost every review puts them up against the big brands in terms of sound output. They have audio drivers in both earpieces, hence the good sound. FYI they also have a mic and fabric cable.

I've now owned a total of 3 Xiaomi earphones, and totally recommend them for Android. Before these, I used to have Monster, Shure and Beats earphones but they all either didn't work 100% with Android (e.g. double press to go to next song), or were simply too expensive.

You can buy them here: Original Xiaomi Hybrid Dual Drivers Earphones Mi IV In-Ear Headphones Pro-17.54 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

Here are some reviews:
    Wired - Review: Mi In-Ear Headphones | WIRED
    The Verge - Xiaomi's new headphones pair great sound with a low price | The Verge
    jayhay312 likes this.
    05-22-2016 05:07 AM