Google Maps and location settings

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So for a while now I have been under the impression that high accuracy mode in Google maps location settings will drain the battery a lot. However when I go to use Google Maps it sometimes takes 15 minutes or so for gps coordinates which is unacceptable. I've been leaving it very recently on high accuracy mode for better Google Maps functionality and locking it up GPS mode, and the battery doesn't drain anymore so that it would normally. That's an interesting observation.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Same seems to be true for the N preview. I've got high accuracy selected and Gmail set to sync, and battery life is fine. No more manual syncing in Gmail just to get trough the day.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Same seems to be true for the N preview. I've got high accuracy selected and Gmail set to sync, and battery life is fine. No more manual syncing in Gmail just to get trough the day.
But you're saying that you don't notice a battery decrease for you to do that though right?

belayted

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I agree with Eric. Leaving it on high accuracy didn't use much battery. Mean to say, there were no changes to the battery life.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Eric. Leaving it on high accuracy didn't use much battery. Mean to say, there were no changes to the battery life.
No, not too much battery do trees change at all. I thought there would be a lot of changes but there wasn't. And for GPS coordinates to login and forth to be usable and low battery mode it's not. Hugh accuracy mode is where it's at.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
But you're saying that you don't notice a battery decrease for you to do that though right?
Right. Well, I can't swear that there's been absolutely no increase in the daily decrease. :confused: But it's gotta be neglible. I still typically have around 70% battery left by 6PM if I've started the day with 100% at 8AM. (Course, I don't use the phone's display much at work.)

I never used to let Gmail sync on its own simply because I knew it could be a battery hog, especially because my email account gets a lot of pseudo-spam junk from, say, Amazon and PACs and whatnot. I'm getting nearly the same battery stats I used to in LP when I kept both location and Gmail syncing off. I can't remember when in the MM scheme of things I started leaving those things on, but I haven't noticed any remarkable battery drain at all.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Right. Well, I can't swear that there's been absolutely no increase in the daily decrease. :confused: But it's gotta be neglible. I still typically have around 70% battery left by 6PM if I've started the day with 100% at 8AM. (Course, I don't use the phone's display much at work.)

I never used to let Gmail sync on its own simply because I knew it could be a battery hog, especially because my email account gets a lot of pseudo-spam junk from, say, Amazon and PACs and whatnot. I'm getting nearly the same battery stats I used to in LP when I kept both location and Gmail syncing off. I can't remember when in the MM scheme of things I started leaving those things on, but I haven't noticed any remarkable battery drain at all.
See, for me it's all about syncing but my Google search app is killing my battery on my battery just burned out from my Nexus 6. Because the Google search voice actions is from my Moto 360. So I can have might have to break down and buy a new phone soon. However, I want the Nexus 6p 128gb model I think $650 later.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
There you go. I don't have any wearables to worry about. If I had a 360 or some such, I might be in the same boat as you. I still keep Fit disabled because others used to complain about it draining their batteries. Hope you can hold out until the 6P gets a more permanent price cut.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
There you go. I don't have any wearables to worry about. If I had a 360 or some such, I might be in the same boat as you. I still keep Fit disabled because others used to complain about it draining their batteries. Hope you can hold out until the 6P gets a more permanent price cut.
Yes, that would be nice. I mean I love lol my phone service. Performances rate cpu performances ray graphics amazing. Great for movies in chrome casting everything! If I could hold out for Nexus 6p price drop a little bit that would be great! Toyota since my Moto 360 the Google Voice app on the phone uses 13% battery consistently I just have to get more used to it. And like I said, my Nexus 6 battery is burned out at this point I'm under that impression.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois