What's the best way to get visual voicemail on a rooted Nexus 6 on AT&T with lollipop? Anything better than the AT&T app? I don't want to upgrade to marshmallow because I can't figure out how to with this rooted phone I'm using.
    05-13-2016 08:37 PM
    What's the best way to get visual voicemail on a rooted Nexus 6 on AT&T with lollipop? Anything better than the AT&T app? I don't want to upgrade to marshmallow because I can't figure out how to with this rooted phone I'm using.
    I believe that there aren't any Visual Voicemail apps that work on the Nexus 6.

The reason for that is that most, if not all Visual Voicemail app are Carrier Based, and since the Nexus 6 is not a Carrier skinned phone, the app won't work.

Personally the only thing I have found that works for Visual Voicemail is Google Voice. You would, however need to get a Google Voice number for that to work.
    WeAreAllUnique likes this.
    05-13-2016 09:29 PM
    You mean folks use something other than Google Voice? I've never had a single issue through about 6 phones on AT&T. Set it up through the web site and choose it in the phone settings and your good...I don't have a Google # ..

I have also read in the forums about folks who sideloaded the apk for the Att app and it worked fine...

Posted via Serenity
    05-14-2016 09:31 AM
    Why would you need to side load the ATT VV app? I installed it directly from the Play store and it works fine, no issues at all.

Posted via the Android Central App
    rickms80 likes this.
    05-14-2016 10:54 AM