this is a long story, but i dropped my phone in the toilet for a split second. surprisingly this thing is not all that water resistant because it threw the white water marker and turned it red. phone worked fine but flashlight was on all the time, even when off. i factory reset, still on. so i saw a video on youtube of taking phone off, unplug battery and see if that works. it did not work so then i just assume take camera out completely order a new one. well later learned camera is not a part of the flashlight at all, so when putting phone back together, the electrical ribbon that runs from the power button/volume to the motherboard i noticed when i pulled the ribbon off, it took the actual part of the motherboard with it! i was very gentle so i think it was just a very loose connection to begin with. tried our hardest to glue it back in place, but the buttons just don't work. surely there has to be a way to get the phone on without the buttons? if i can just get it on, i can find other apps/root to get by without the buttons. sure resell value will suck but at least i'll have a working phone. thanks for any help.
    05-26-2016 08:27 PM
    i put it on my qi charger and it booted right up, if anyone is curious or finds this thread in a search one day looking for a solution
    05-26-2016 11:54 PM