1. wxrusss8's Avatar
    I typically use the stock Google camera app when taking pics, and it runs OK 70% of the time. The other 30% of the time it is extremely janky and laggy, it hangs up and force closes, especially when the battery is below 20%. I've tried other camera apps, but with not much improvement. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix?

    Posted via the Android Central App
    05-31-2016 08:28 PM
  2. Ed Briggs's Avatar
    How long have you had the phone?
    05-31-2016 09:08 PM
  3. aximtreo's Avatar
    There is a new app called ProShot in the store. I used it by choice in my Windows Phone days. Give it a try. It's a new app but it runs great on my Nexus 6.
    06-01-2016 09:50 AM
  4. YAYTech's Avatar
    I've had the same problems. Factory reset didn't fix it. I've mostly accepted it as a general problem with the phone - camera is very slow to be ready to use, and occasionally fails to load at all. When it does work, it takes fine pictures at least.
    06-02-2016 10:39 AM
  5. Rheumatoid's Avatar
    Never had a problem using standard app
    06-02-2016 02:43 PM
  6. eric002's Avatar
    What I have noticed is that it's slow to Startup, slow it I switch between HDR+ mode and Photo Sphere mode in panorama mode it's not bug you just very slow and sluggish the interface without being on marshmallows very outdated. I'm still on lollipop because I'm rooted and the only reason I go to new software and relock my bootloader down again is to upgraded my phone to the Nexus 6p. Now, thankfully I haven't gotten any errors taking pictures or the app crashing but it's very slow indeed.
    06-02-2016 04:42 PM
  7. uncrx2003's Avatar
    It has become almost unusable for me. Something has caused it to become very laggy after the previous 2 updates. I'm going to try another app now.
    06-03-2016 07:22 PM
  8. 300mag111's Avatar
    It has become almost unusable for me. Something has caused it to become very laggy after the previous 2 updates. I'm going to try another app now.
    Same here, the last month my camera sticks. Freezes almost ever time.
    06-08-2016 11:54 PM
  9. uncrx2003's Avatar
    Decided to give ProShots a try and it's a great app. Only difference is the HDR feature. Super fast when it comes to shutter speed.
    06-10-2016 07:04 PM
  10. eric002's Avatar
    Well, all I know is the fact that with the new phone and the camera is so much improved.
    06-10-2016 07:07 PM
  11. bigmick777's Avatar
    I have the same problem with camera lag. Very hit and miss and very frustrating.

    Posted via the Android Central App
    06-11-2016 03:40 PM
  12. Victor Guajardo's Avatar
    I had the same problem that starts occurring when install 6.0.1, I recently updated to Nougat 7.0 and the camera and hdr is working perfect, no lag, no hang ups. I just update, not a clean install.


    I typically use the stock Google camera app when taking pics, and it runs OK 70% of the time. The other 30% of the time it is extremely janky and laggy, it hangs up and force closes, especially when the battery is below 20%. I've tried other camera apps, but with not much improvement. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix?

    Posted via the Android Central App
    10-07-2016 08:22 PM
  13. joshua.worth's Avatar
    Clean install on Nougat and mine definitely lags and super thanked out
    10-18-2016 08:41 PM
  14. spawndoodling's Avatar
    So. Much. Lag. Also, I am experiencing a problem where lines of colors flash frequently when using the camera. When my battery is below 30%, the camera is basically unusable unless I'm standing absolutely still. It's such a disappointment, because photo quality is good in everything but low light. Also, apps like Snapchat are basically unusable.
    10-23-2016 10:44 PM
  15. LittleRedDot3's Avatar
    Your best bet is an exposed module called shutter lag elimination, though you'll need to stay away from nougat to keep exposed running
    02-03-2017 01:29 PM
  16. ranibane0309's Avatar
    The camera on my handset totally sucks... Super Kathy, veetical color lines flashing on the screen, sometimes it even won't save the pictures.. the saving progress bar just hangs at about 80%... Do you have these other issues as well ? Were you able to resolve the issue ?
    09-11-2017 05:04 PM
  17. bigmick777's Avatar
    I gave up on the n6, reluctantly but current live with the camera issues / lag. I reset cache, hard reset phone and had the latest ota updates from the Google site but was still the same, worse when battery level dropped.
    09-13-2017 05:07 AM

Similar Threads

  1. another app instead of blinkfeed?
    By gallopiton in forum HTC 10
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2016, 09:44 AM
  2. Does Google backup actually back up app data?
    By James E1 in forum HTC 10
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-31-2016, 11:18 PM
  3. How do I download the My Memos App to a Win10 Pc.?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2016, 08:24 PM
  4. Why my webview app does not upload image from phone ?
    By Dere Ezekiel in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2016, 07:29 PM
  5. I have an app named (com.android.sounder).how will I clean it
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2016, 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD