Charging fails, 2nd phone in 6 weeks.

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
My micro USB failed on the phone I'd had for 15 months. Thankfully bought Motocare. But now, 8 weeks later, all charging has failed, including induction.

Are problems with charging a known bug? I love this phone had not intended to upgrade, but wow......

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the stock OEM charger or something else? It is very probably not a bug. This sounds like something is damaging your battery - a possibility is using a 3rd party cable that's somehow harming the circuit would make sense, but that's a low probability as well. Has it been exposed to any extreme heat or cold, falls, drops or kicks? Inductive charging on the 6 was always a little weird to get it lined up correctly, so it's possible that it's only the USB port and/or circuitry there, but it could also be contact points on the battery or the battery itself. The best bet would be to contact Moto's support for warranty repairs.

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
My micro USB failed on the phone I'd had for 15 months. Thankfully bought Motocare. But now, 8 weeks later, all charging has failed, including induction.

Are problems with charging a known bug? I love this phone had not intended to upgrade, but wow......

My brand new nexus 6 charger wouldn't charge at all, it showed signs of charging but nothing. I have had from day one used my Nexus 9 charger with no problems. May be a faulty batch you're not alone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante