"OK Google" while the screen is off

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Here's maybe a silly question, but I haven't tried it in a while.

My phone doesn't respond to "ok Google" while sitting idle on a table with the screen off, or on the charger. . It did used to do that right? Haha.

All of the "ok google" detection settings are turned on in the Google app.

Maybe this an N beta issue, or I'm missing something else obvious??

AC App
Nexus 6

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Here's maybe a silly question, but I haven't tried it in a while.

My phone doesn't respond to "ok Google" while sitting idle on a table with the screen off, or on the charger. . It did used to do that right? Haha.

All of the "ok google" detection settings are turned on in the Google app.

Maybe this an N beta issue, or I'm missing something else obvious??

AC App
Nexus 6

With the screen off ,same as you experienced .Running beta 56N on Nexus 6.Seems to be just the way it is,everything ticked on

electricpete

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
For my Nexus 6 running 6.0.1 with ok Google everywhere checked...It works from all apps and from screen off and sleeping. The only thing is that with screen off it is not as good at recognizing the keywords "ok Google" as it usually is. Sometimes it takes a few tries. If it's very noisy and screen is off, even tougher.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
If I had a voice recognition issue as described a reboot fixed it(and that is what I immediately did for other issues of voice recog issues,especially when using "Navigate to...wherever) ...Seems less of a problem with the newest and last N build. Currently working fine with the screen off.

Android version 7.0 Build NPD90G

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Seems to be working again for me, whether it's a fix in the newest beta, or just the reboot that came with it.

I'm noticing quite a few more little glitches and hiccups in this latest build of N. A lot more app crashes. Pretty surprising.

AC App
Nexus 6